Why we don't get Vrykul as a playable race

A Vrykul’s Lament in Azeroth

In Azeroth’s inns, I stoop to enter, Doorways made for those much gentler. I duck my head, avoid the beam, A giant in a human’s dream.

Through Elwynn Forest, I tread with care, Branches scraping my braided hair. The squirrels chatter, the rabbits flee, A Vrykul’s walk is no quiet spree.

In Ironforge, the ceilings low, I bend my knees, my pace is slow. The gnomes, they giggle, the dwarves, they stare, “Too big for here!” they declare.

At the Darkmoon Faire, I seek some fun, But the rides are small, my day is done. I watch from afar, a smile so wry, For even a warrior can’t deny.

In Stormwind’s streets, I feel confined, A world not built for my kind. But this is home, where my heart stays, A Vrykul’s life in human ways.

4 Likes

Probably because they are about 15 feet tall.

They could nerf their size to make them playable, but then they would just be humans with bad posture. The one characteristic they have that makes them different from humans is being 2.5 times the size of a human. If you take that away, it ends up discharacterized.

That could be solved with a “I got a magic amulet that shrinks me down to tauren size for convenience but I can turn it off if I want to” racial though.

1 Like

Your poem was wonderful. But this last bit here. “They do declare” would just fit the rhythm better.