Why was AV 1.12 not used for the 15th anniversary version?

I know this is going to sound crazy, but they’re different games.

It’s not a difficult question to answer. Or SHOULD not be difficult to answer. Why, if 1.12 best represents vanilla, was it not the version used for the anniversary event?

Can you answer why that was how things were done?

We are all paying $15 a month to have access to these games. We are all “retailers”. So please answer the question. Why was 1.12 AV not used for the anniversary event?

Who says that it best represents vanilla. If you are referring to Classic which is based on 1.12, that is because the developers could not invest enough effort to recreate 1.1 progression, along with recreating bugs (and said fixes). If you have a problem for that maybe you should have been passionate and skilled enough to get a job at Blizzard to see your dream a reality.

Classic is billed as a reverse bulkhead/floodgate version of patch 1.12 content. All the content and tuning exists at launch, and the barriers (phases) get lifted as time moves on.

And the reason why 1.12 was not chosen is because 1.12 av is not that much different from 2.3+ AV (what we have now). To put 1.12, would not have people drawn to the event.

2 Likes

Why did we fix bugs from Vanilla, Wrath, BC, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion, BFA. I mean, those were “the way it was”.

Clearly because retail is still the moneymaker considering they will be selling expansions and the majority is still there despite what Classic wants to think.

And you guys also happen to be around. You’re the Alliance to the Horde in BfA’s story.

1 Like

And yet:

Blizzard clearly thought 1.12 AV was the best vanilla version. Did I mis-quote that blue post?

Well then clearly you got 1.12 because they love you more! Yay! :slight_smile:

Thanks for bringing the salt mines to me, though, this is great!

2 Likes

No disrespect, but this is funny considering the classic forums were blowing up months ago with people who didn’t want 1.12 AV because it was “too watered down” and “not indicative of AV through most of the life of Vanilla.” I actually have a feeling they did what they did because of that criticism, oddly enough.

No disrespect taken. So you believe it was a snub?

Not at all, I just didn’t want to appear inflammatory. :slight_smile:

I honestly believe earlier versions of av were lost or corrupted. Even the classic event is only kinda like old av certain bits are off or missing.

From what I understand by the time they got to 1.12 they had removed a lot of the side stuff, NPCs and whatnot. I didn’t play Vanilla so I’m kind of just going off what I’ve heard.

The reason for a bit of the agitation in here (myself included), is because it is a tired topic. Well over a year’s worth of complaints, with straggling topics created on a cyclical basis. Korrak’s revenge is getting removed in less than a month, so by the time any possible real dev time could be put on it to cater to complaints it will have ended. It just is what it is. If you at all care for anything in retail, just use the event to powerlevel characters to cap.

So you think there was other reasoning then? What could it have been?

Well this is the answer you want to hear from everyone, so sure, it was a snub. And if I were a dev, you’d get snubbed every day in a million subtle ways :slight_smile:

No, I may have misspoke looking back at my posts. I do think they made “old AV” for the celebration into pre-1.12 because Classic people were clamoring for it. At least that’s my best guess.

Another reason it would have been better to simply use 1.12 AV, as the data existed already, and the anniversary was to be a limited time event. Why put all of that effort into a version that they thought was lesser, by their own words?

Why put that developer time into it at all, if 1.12 was the better vanilla version?

By the by, if you do not want to partake in the discussion because you do not like the subject matter, nobody is forcing you to read it.

No one’s forcing you to make this thread but for some reason you really think you’re being clever about it instead of just screeching with everyone else on the Classic forums.

5 Likes

Right, but what is the reasoning to use it in the game that was NOT asking for it?

Your discussion is on the wrong forum. We don’t care what AV is in Classic, nor do any of us really want to talk about it. You deserve to be trolled for bringing this here.

1 Like