Why warbands and not just ...account wide everything?

Heck, regardless of warbands why not just account wide everything?

I feel like warbands being the only ones sharing stuff is just gonna add more confusion. Just account wide everything at this point, cmon.

14 Likes

it is account wide everything

warband is just 4 of ur special characters sharing a screen

17 Likes

I do think it is a bit funny watching the hype men out in full force on youtube. “War bound armor”!

So, account bound armor. Not a new concept. I guess at least now it isn’t just catch up gear from whatever the new zone of the patch is.

The whole warbound vs. account-bound armor is just marketing there. The other features are at least more interesting.

The problem with making it fit the theme though is then you need to relabel it later. Oh, its not dragonriding anymore its now, dynamic flying or whatever it is.

1 Like

Your warband is your entire account. The 4 around the campfire on the login screen is just cosmetic and a way to pin your 4 favorite characters to the top of the list.

12 Likes

Is there something specific you feel you’re not going to be able to do with warbands within your account?

2 Likes

I’m hoping they don’t take too long to expand the warband-wide reputation to older reputations as well. I know it will initially apply only to Dragonflight and TWW renown/reputations, but Legion would be nice for getting my class sets.

5 Likes

Every character on your account is automatically in your warband.

There is no opt-out. They will share whether you like it or not.

5 Likes

That is literally what they are lol.

Ion even described it that way at Blizzcon.

2 Likes

The 4 special characters are the ‘frequently used’ characters. EVERYTHING is Warbands even between different servers.

You make it sound like that’s a bad thing, what’s wrong with it?

3 Likes

so you cant choose the characters?

You can choose which ones appear in the camp. You just drag them to the top.

2 Likes

Not totally disagreeing here, but Warbound does have some changes. For example, BoA remains BoA even after used while Warbound converts to regular soulbound as soon as it is equipped to one toon.

But the minor changes don’t really warrant the hype, imo.

Since you can have up to 8 WOW accounts per battle.net and 65 characters per WOW account (in 10.2.7), Your warband includes all 520 potential characters.

You just can’t show all of these characters on a character selection screen.

They’ve said multiple times with clarity that every single character on your battle net account is in your Warband.

It’s not account bound armor, because unlike account bound armor the warbound armor becomes soulbound when used.

Businesses use marketing and branding, news at 11.

2 Likes

Warband leans into the fantasy and trappings of the adventuring in WoW. Account-wide leans into the fantasy of setting your billing preferences in your Battle Net account.

3 Likes

Yeah. I was trying to think of a way to describe it, and I think I’d probably go with something like “It’s Bind on Equip gear that you can only trade with your other characters and not other players.”

1 Like

Sort of. Pretty sure we’ve had BoA armor tokens that became soulbound later. Timeless isle for example definitely did, and quite a few patch events have done the same thing.

Correct. I was talking specifically about warbound/warband/whatever_its_called items. But yes thewarband as a whole is a new-ish thing.

Don’t get me wrong, this is all a net positive.

Basically yes, a lot of this. Quite a bit of folks they have trying to hype it out via social media. More so than I feel is typical this early.

1 Like

You can, they are going to have you either drag and drop or pick “Favorite” next to their name if they do that.

it is account bound
just with a new name and some other stuff added in for qol/funsies
think of it as an account bound system overhaul instead of just adding more account bound stuff and calling it a day

My only want at this time is the ability to do a different group of campfire characters per server. Kind of a bummer that it’s from your entire account, because I have all of my alliance on one server and all horde on another. I know it’s just a matter of moving them around when I switch servers, but I kind of wish they were already sorted per server when I swapped over.
Just a me problem, and just my personal opinion and want, I don’t speak for anyone else, and I’ll deal. :smiley: