Why Vulpera make sense as a Neutral race

Are you serious?

Are you truly serious?

1 Like

They could make Mr and Mrs potato head gnomes neutral as well, just to be fair :slight_smile:

I hate to burst your bubble, but its not going to happen based on lore alone. There is nothing to support that the Alliance would ever receive Vulpera as an allied race.

There are a number of different reasons for this:

1. Blizzard has stated outright that they will never make a neutral race again, as it takes away from faction diversity.

2. We literally slaughter Vulpera in questlines, and they have been referred to as rats, vermin, and pests by Alliance WQ / quest givers.

3. We have zero questlines in relation to assisting the Vulpera in anyway, and no positive lore has been presented with them with the Alliance.

I get that you want Vulpera on your favorite faction, as the Alliance has been my favorite faction for 15 years now, but making a suggestion that holds no weight in lore would just frustrate most people who try to take pride in Warcraft lore. Im not a huge fan of horde, but after making a Nightborne rogue, and leveling through Zandalar, it just makes zero sense to give Vulpera to the Alliance.

There is no good argument that supports Vulpera going to Alliance whatsoever, unless if they add a separate sub-faction in the future. I don’t see this being a thing based on current Alliance lore.

13 Likes

I dunno about neutral after how the Alliance raids treated them.
I mean
 Unless there are some Vulpera that are into that sorta thing. I’m sure there are. I’m not gonna kinkshame.

2 Likes

Calia Menethil with light undead will be on the Alliance side, I’m pretty sure. Vulpera are with the Horde. There is not one with the Alliance.

mecha gnomes make more sense as a neutral race

but not vulpera they dont like alliance

1 Like

There is a quest near our base in Voldun where the Alliance folks do say not to kill the vulpera, just scare them, because we don’t want them siding with the Horde but don’t hate them as a race.

1 Like

The NPCs, however, are still butchering the Vulpera, setting their caravans on fire, etc. The quest was SUPPOSED to be to kill the Vulpera, but I guess Blizzard was like “We should prob change that before people get mad” and forgot to change the NPCs as well.

1 Like

anything that makes the alliance have the vulpera is A-okay in my book, i approve! :smiley:

1 Like

And what quest would that be? Because there are quests that do involve killing Vulpera

Here’s a quest that involves Vulpera assisting in killing Alliance players for horde.

2 Likes

I still suggest them going neutral is a good thing. Just because you kill a few in one quest is not really a great reason to stop them from being neutral. You kill random Pandaren NPCs in Pandaria and we still got them for both sides (rares, bosses, sha tainted ones).

They don’t want to involve us, because every other line of dialogue would essentially be “Didn’t we already do this? You know, with Garrosh and the Vale? The heart? Anyone? No? Alright, whatever.”

Honestly, its partly due to the fact that Panda’s are a Neutral Race. Its decidedly hard for Blizz to make them relevant in any expansion where they are forced to have conflict with their own people; so they’re essentially forced to be completely irrelevant. Add in the fact that the majority of important Pandaren Characters are not actually of the PC race variety; and the issue compounds.

This is part of the reason Vulpera being a Neutral AR is a terrible idea (on top of the fact that they don’t really culturally gel well with the Alliance thematics; they don’t have a good relation with the Alliance; and they have ever growing relations with the Horde and ESPECIALLY the Zandalari).

For the Alliance to get Vulpera, they would need to get an entirely different faction of them; but they aren’t getting Meera; they aren’t getting Kiro; they aren’t getting Nisha; they’re not getting the culture and people of Vol’dun. They’ll get a fox fursona suit to play around in and not much else.

HA-HA-HA!
Yes! Laughing is the only remedy for ally!
Thankfully, you can at least be happy at the expense of the very little being made for ally, in this matter!

Actually, there is no means of vulperas entering into the alliance!

We are doomed to have only junkgnomes, that bring no hype to the ally, as vulperas bring to Horde!
Well, at least 2% of players in ally who like gnomes will have something to do this summer!
Just the certainty of more ostracism!
Thks, junkgnomes!

But as you said, the Alliance will get a fursona to play with Vulpera! At least that, the devs can not prevent!

1 Like

Bilgerats
Captain Eudora

Yeah 
 your hatred for Junker-Gnomes is a personal one, it has nothing to do with the quality of the AR itself.

In fact, by all indications, the Junker’s are turning out to have more assets put into them then the majority of ARs currently in game. Their customization option are brand new models (there are a surprising amount of moving parts); they have more custom animations than any other AR by the looks of it; and they actually do have a potentially neat twist on Gnomes (and Blizz COULD go really dark with a people who have culturally adopted extreme self-mutilation).

But 
 they’re Gnomes, and despite Gnomes (from all indications) being only fragmentally behind Dwarves in terms of player population (and being the single most neglected PC race and playerbase in this game) 
 the AR is condemned. You’d rather have an empty husk of a Fursona suit as a race that has no story; culture; or representative characters, than even consider that maybe Junkers might not be that bad of an addition.

2 Likes

She’s dead, and the Bilgerats are a Pirate Organization that comprises a more diverse group than even the Horde has. Their culture is also “Pirate” 
 so yeah, take that how you will.

1 Like

I think making all further races after the model of Pandaria would be an excellent step towards slowly devolving the faction line for those who wish to participate that way.

Pretty sure Blizz themselves have said they will never be doing a ‘neutral’ race again after the Pandaren.

Besides, the Alliance have a quest where they torch the Vulpera’s caravans. Don’t see why they would want to work with them after they. Have a better chance of doing business with the Bilgewater Goblins.

1 Like

Sure!

Of course, they will be as numerous and popular as blood elves, Draeneis orcs or humans!

Giving something that brings nothing is really a demonstration of much appreciation for the alliance or for what can be done for it in general!
but I will not condemn the devs for doing something small, that the whole Horde can laugh at our expense!