Why, to the power of 100, 100 times

Look, i’ve been more or less a defender of Pathfinder. I think it’s an interesting enough compromise that requires us to play the game, get to know it, and then we get to play. With the reward of it being account-bound flying, it’s well worth to go after, even if flying is something you actively don’t care about. And it doesn’t break the bank. (Not that Sub 10K gold breaks the bank, but it all adds up in the end, but i digress)

Now i get it, it should be shortened, preferably to 2 months tops very least, because people will have explored everything by then, know how these zones work and the additional 4-8 months atfer that is just padding. Especially since the tasks don’t even take that long to do.

And of coarse, i’ve noticed Blizzard slowly ridding pathfinder and… pretty much making flying free when you level up. As in actually free. Making the account bound flying reward not that great looking as before.

But in any other expansion as we started off grounded, this is… tolerable.

Here’s the bottom line. This isn’t any other expansion we started off grounded… This is Dragonflight. We are already not only in the air, but zipping all over the place at a speed that is double then normal flying, and on a continent that is roughly 90% size of Northrend. And surely, SURELY i thought that they wouldn’t even bother with pathfinder and just give us flying, because there’s no more excuses this time, even the restrictive space like the caverns allows us to dragonfly.

But how wrong i was. And because of that, i’m now just annoyed at the idea of Pathfinders now. Why Blizzard? There’s literally no reason for this.

Update:
Blizzard has removed the renown requirements for pathfinder.

While that’s good because it’s pointless to do so…, it just only goes to show that we should just have flying from the getgo when 10.2 drops… And we didn’t need this at all. So why can’t we just have flying from the getgo in 10.2 for everybody?..

3 Likes

I thought they said pathfinder in 10.2

2 Likes

They did, a wow dev confirmed it.

Should it just auto complete if I’ve hit all the pathfinder benchmarks like zone completion, treasures, etc.?

Affecting only new players

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

1 Like

Yea, the idea of gating slow flying with a pathfinder, this late in the game, it’s just not right.

I mean, in the past, Pathfinder was a goal that we started the expansion knowing (mostly) what it was. And so, during the early lockout period most folks either determinedly or organically pursued Pathfinder. We did the reps, we did the questlines, whatever it was.

So that when PF finally hit, we had to do that One Last Thing to get it. Which, even then, was kind of annoying (like when they gated behind a week of dailies in Legion).

But now, in an expansion, as mentioned, that we’ve had flying all along, we still have to jump through some hoops to get this. Just kind of twists the knife.

It’s just a silly thing.

5 Likes

They will probably add in one reputation requirement, which needs exalted but you only get 25 per WQ and capped at 250 rep per week.

4 Likes

Tbh I think the notion that you have to unlock “slow flying” is incredibly funny.

2 Likes

Earn your right to go 40 in the fast lane!!!

2 Likes

At this point it should just be an instant reward for those of us who’ve been here all expansion. At best a gold cost.

Much like cold weather flying. Make peace with that wild god Ohn’ahra. A small quest.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

2 Likes

My main gripe through all this has been the loss of a class ability, my flight form. Given from WoD thru SL it wasn’t avilable either but there were “reasons” of not being able to fly. Just let me talk to a dragon and learn how to fly already! :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s the imp’s petulant childish nannyland game design. What a farce he made of wow. Let’s hope Microsoft tosses him. I was hoping he’d follow holinka but I doubt any of the old wow gaurd trying to start new ventures would take him in.

1 Like

I’m not doing it. period. is there a way I could get a refund on the Draggin’ Isles, lol. I hate this. :sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like