Why the New Versatility change means nothing

Correct, read that Again BUD.

In contrast to past seasons, S13 Elite armor can be purchased without rating–but only after you’ve accumulated 27,000”

There was more stats on the Elite Sets, AFTER They removed the 2200 rating Req from the Elite Sets.

That just stopped the requirement that was all.
I read it just fine the first time.

Your jumping thoughts then, as your OG comment was that 2200 locked better gear in Cata and Mop, it didn’t.

Or at least thats what I took from your first reply to me, maybe I was confused what you were saying.

“wrath was only weapons. Cata and mop (til they made elite cosmetic in I think tyrannical) had increased ilvl for all slots”

Only weapons were higher Ilvl when they required 2200 Rating to Obtain. Which is what I said, and assumed you refuted.

Also Elite set was cosmetic in Cata and Mop, till S13 when it dropped rating and instead required a conquest earned.

I said elite. I didnt say anything about rating. As in wod I think elite mog was 2k, but can’t quite remember I wasn’t doing all that great mentally mid season of 14 on mop and carried into wod.

Okay but the post you were replying to, was in reference to the current way that armor is locked behind rating, that was a bad system that has not existed since BC, excluding weapons.

So I thought you were replying in reference to that.

Personally never thought weapons behind rating was a big deal either, everything behind rating is. In s13 they stated a long article with the changes you showed, stating they felt rating locked anything (especially stats) is bad for the game, only to return to it in Legion/BFA.

The Elite transmog is fine behind rating, The weapon IMO is fine behind rating, Everything behind rating like BFA is a terrible system that forces PVPers to PVE.

And I hate it. If you seen anything I have said, I hope its a 1:1 from benethic and that the cost just starts ramps higher, and then higher rating still will gear faster and more efficiently, but others will be on a even playing field by mid season.
It would be similar to WoD except without the need to have 2 ilvls at once.

2 Likes

100% agreed, and I would also be fine with the old “Conquest Earned in Season” limit as well, I am sure alot wouldn’t like that, but I would be fine with it.

Increase Conquest gains depending on bracket, and a full Benethic system, EZ fix.

Could go a step further and have on the 2 set trinket (players who attack you without this set bonus active deal reduced dmg)

1 Like

they could just increase Vers Defensive like they are offensive.

Not really sure why we ask for Resil and instead get the Offense of Vers. Wonder if Ion realizes Resil was a defensive.

Hard hitting Glass PVErs were fine in PVP, Hard Hitting Glass PVPers, just shows how out of touch the dev team is.

OP is right in that regard, if Vers defensives dont come, Arena will be flooded with PvE tank Trink, and Burst Trink. Unless there is a good PVP tank trink added.

No because we will get situations like this

https://i.imgur.com/LHCNl6D.jpg

Yes I lost and yes it was just a skirm, but it was a 6 min long fight and I did about as much heals as the healer and dmg as the dps and if you notice health and take into account their classes they are equal in gear to me.

The defense on ver doesn’t need to go up

Your missing the point I am making.

I’m saying that if it goes live as is. PVPErs will run A tank Trinket and DPS trinket from PVE.

With no PVP tank trinket. That glass damage PVP set will be rarely used.

As to your SS I think that has more to do with the very low damage in that Arena.

6minutes and only 4m by the top person? I do like 6m in a 2 min match.

Likely the low damage comes from the stacking of vers amps. As someone else said earlier. There was little burst going on in there, and everyone was just tanky.

you’re missing the point that how the vers bonus will be increasing all of the character’s personal source of dmg and healing.

Tank and instant dmg you are only helping that but making you character weaker in all aspects.
In hybrid class that can heal will won’t this over anything else, you may see like a rogue or something, but it was pretty rare to see non tank classes having the defense and 1 instant trinket will be a meme.

However we can have a set bonus indicator (gladiator’s honor [buff]: while equipping 2 slands pvp trinkets you gain Glads honor increasing all vers dmg and heal by 20%.)

That way you know ok that guy is running pve trinkets watch for him he will only be dangerous for it.

I am a monk, not a warrior/dh/pally, I have to run to live meaning avoiding dmg is how I survive.

PvEing to PvP sounds like the worst way to have players PvP. PvP stands for Player vs Player, not Player vs Environment. Why not just throw some PvE bosses into arena to completely f*** the system up since that’s what you want to do, Blizzard?

1 Like

Mythic plus will no longer get you mythic raid quality gear. The raid doesn’t drop versatility in all slots of gear and it’s actually in 2 or 3 pieces of gear per armor type. As a result, imo doing pvp to have full versatility gear will actually be really good this time around.

1 Like