Why the new mount equipment system feels so underwhelming

No. I was talking to blizzard. I’ll be more careful in the future to name blizzard so I don’t insult anyone. sorry!

Nope. Nope, you can’t.

1 Like

S’okay :3

I wonder how much more of this thread is just gonna be people responding “no you can’t” to my misinformed post at the beginning of this thread cause they didn’t read past it XD

My druid has never had to recast travel form while in the water. Is this a Kul Tiran bug or have I just been fortunate?

That was not what he was talking about. The strider in PTR will lose the water walking ability if he takes any damage when he jumps into the water, down stairs, from a rock, if anything gets in the way and causes him to stumble and jump, causing you to take damage. The strider has never ever in LIVE lost its water walking ability unless a mob hit it causing you to take damage.

No one is disputing your ability to avoid water damage by jumping in un-mounted. In PTR there are many mounts that cannot get to the surface to water walk if you summon them in the water. So if you have a special mount that you like, you will still have to possibly summon a different mount in order to gain water walking if already in the water.

edit you know that little “oof” and dust flying when you take damage from falling… yeah that.

3 Likes

One thing I don’t understand about this mount equipment. On the PTR, you only get the 1 slot for ALL mounts. Why is this? The equipment should be mount specific at least. So you can give each mount a separate equipment and have different mounts for different purposes.

2 Likes

Because blizz believes less options = more choices for the player

2 Likes

Cosmetic choice is okay; utility choice is bad.

SOOOOOO what you are saying is that seeing how i’m not exalted with nat pagel but I am exalted with the actual faction who sells the water strider that I may not get water walking boots?

So add your comment without crying about it…

What??.. :joy: :sob:

Unfortunately, this is not so true. Just try moving your camera (not left click and move) upwards… boom, you sink. Have to dis and remount to get back on top of the water.

Once we get flying, water walking not so important anymore. BUT the reason why SO many dragged out their water striders was the DESIGN of Kul and Zand and that we wanted to get around as efficiently as possible. So for the beginnings of 8.2, until we can unlock flying, the design of the zones will have a lot to say… except for leveling characters. Anti-daze may be far better for them than water walking. Hard to say for heroic geared toons, will they get dazed a lot running around grinding rep? AND as far as I can tell, the anti-daze equipment is crafted only so we COULD very well see those for MANY multiple of thousands of gold.

Played for a very short bit on the PTR… once equipped, if you jump into the water you sink. Mount in the water, you stay under water, even if you try and jump onto the top of the water (strider WOULD walk in this case, just jump). Seems the only way one can walk on water is to walk onto it from land that matches the level of the water.

They just nerfed absorb shields on the ptr to break the resounding protection work around. The travelpocalypse is real

2 Likes

I have a sneaking suspicion that mount equipment will be tied to Pathfinder. Perhaps just part one, perhaps both parts, but going forward I think that we’ll be “grounded” from luxury.

Also I prefer:

Travelocalypse.

It’s easier to say and feels like it has a better ring to it.

1 Like

Mount equipment is a REALLY clumsy solution to a very minor problem - the overabundance of players running around on the same mount (ie the water strider).

A much better solution would be to have expanded the number of mounts that have water-walking. Not by a massive amount, but say 4-6 different mounts, all water-themed, that had water-walking. And all of them requiring a little bit of a grind to get.

And then you expand this system. Create 4-6 different mounts that have stun resistance. Then 4-6 different mounts with a bigger-than-usual jump. Then 4-6 different mounts that can be used in dungeons (so long as you’re not in combat). And so on, and so on. And all requiring a little grind to get.

There you go. Problem solved in a way that actually requires players to do stuff in game, rather than just show up to some vendor and fork over some gold.

5 Likes

It’s too bad that they didn’t make travel interesting and perilous before they decided to ruin it.

Laughs in nerfed dreadsteed

You literally don’t get what you are losing. They’re changing it and you have to buy it for all of your alts that don’t have the rep.

You L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y are losing something with this change. People are right to be upset.

3 Likes

Players asked for this since the water strider was in the game.

You have to be careful what you ask for, with blizzard.

People asked for it to be an item, you could use with any mount instead of only water strider. There have been many threads on this, for years.

But then, Blizzard. So you get this.

People asked for just regular housing, for years.

But then,Blizzard. So you got Garrisons.