Why the lack of Customization?

Don’t worry, it doesn’t count if they pretend it was no big deal later.

Avarie!!!

Let me sell my case, my Goblin toons will appreciate me pointing on Blizz lack of coherence regarding rating material.

I wanna know who this Kabal group is in Hearthstone and why they are designed to be so cool D:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/hearthstone_gamepedia/images/d/d0/Kabal_Trafficker_full.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/750?cb=20161130081127

Also, another Elf with Teal eyes :eyes:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/hearthstone_gamepedia/images/d/d9/Crystallizer_full.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20180807202807

I wish they would use ‘fel’ green less.

Considering the suggestion of smutty goblin calendars they have in game, smoking shouldn’t be that big a deal.

Aye, but apparently smoking is not “kid friendly” or something. Hilarious when massacring other was, but you get my point.

Revenge against who? They are enemies with both the Horde and Alliance.

What if they had a match in the mouth with a stick of dynamite tucked over their ear?

3 Likes

With High Elves returning to Quel’thalas maybe they’ll showcase blue eyes more.

the horde never attacked the kingdom of alterac. because they supported the horde. and the alliance dismantled their kingdom for that betrayal. thats why its called the ruins of alterac in game

3 Likes

Well technically…

Their king arranged a deal to move his troops from select mountain passes and ignored the Horde, then when Stromgarde found out and Alterac’s military General was told they staged a short rebellion.

The city and its people didn’t fall into disrepair until many years later due to mismanagement, lack of leadership, Scourge and a clan of Ogres.

Syndicate are most of who’s left and could probably, now that Stromgarde is firmly Alliance again, find reason to assist the Horde.

OMG OMG THIS!!! so much this!!!

It´s peak goblin portrayal… the mix between recklesness and safety disregard to idiotic proportions.

100% approval from my end (also the “ornament” sounds like the kind of “self defense” feature they would use against enemies. A stick of dinamite indeed).

3 Likes

Runic Tattoos/Scarifications are very iconic to Blood Elves but not Void Elves.

Rommath is one of the leaders and the TBC box art shows it as a Blood Elf things. Not to mention Blood Elves wide use of rune motifs in official artworks.

Yes the Void Elves come from Blood Elves but they where basically outcast who didn’t like the Blood Elf path. So Runic Tattoos/Scarifications make little sense for them.

And Blood Elves use Arcane/Light/Frl/Blood magics so they would get a MUCH bigger use out of Runes as they fit every magical theme.

Runes are ALREADY established as a Blood Elf Theme!

Void Elves can get plenty of things with the Starcursed/Void Curruption/Alleria Markings/Dark Naaru concepts. They don’t need to get recolored Blood Elf themes.

This.

San’layn, Dark Rangers, Fellblood, Runic Tattoos/Scarifications, Phoenix Tattoos/Makeup/Jewelry/Hair, Dark Ranger Makeup, Sunwell, things and things like that are stuff Blood Elves should get.

Not the mention no Blood Elf has even been shown to have them. They changed the Celtic inspired design of High Elves from WC2 to more Indo-Arabic ones in WC3-WoW. With the Runic designs actually being taken from that concept.

Alleria got them as a homage to her WC2 self to separate her from Sylvanas with a more Void tilting look. They are not a established High/Blood Elf tradition at all.

And they literally change color/glow in her Void Form!

Which is good because the Makeup/Paint designs both you and Izzebelle have been showing work with Felbloods, San’layn, Dark Rangers in addition to Normal Blood Elves.

They are much more brad reaching and work well with other potential options.

This.

Rommath/TBC box art/Runic Designs/Indo-Arabic inspired designs established the Runic Tattoos/Scarifications as a BLOOD ELF thing. (And Phoenixes are established as well)

Alleria establishes the Wavy/Abstract/Celtic/Glowing Void designs as a Void Elf thing.

It’s better to get each group their own stuff and have them each be robust iconic features then try and split them up and make them lame.

This.

Also, to people saying “San’layn should be Void Elves because they are goth themed”, “Goth Elves” isn’t a theme, if it is then Horde needs one anyway. San’layn/Dark Rangers for Horde!

I miss when Blood Elves had “teeth”.

Which is ironic, because were trying to get some of that feeling back by actually giving them the option for (vampire) teeth lol

4 Likes

The Ruins of Alterac (or Alterac Ruins)[1] are what remains of the former Alterac City (or the Keep at Alterac)[2] located in the Alterac Mountains. The city was the former capital city of the Kingdom of Alterac. During the Second War, it was ruled by Lord Aiden Perenolde.[3]

The kingdom was destroyed by the Alliance for their betrayal during the Second War,[4] most of the population abandoned the ruins of their former homes.

Following the Third War, Crushridge ogres led by Mug’thol have taken up the deserted ruins. Of the former capital city, only the mighty keep remains relatively intact. A ruined church and town hall can also be seen.

this is a pretty good summation from this page. it even references the prisoners mission from wc2 where you capture human soldiers who are later revealed to be from alterac

1 Like

Thought current lore didn’t have it destroyed in Chronicle?

I’ll have to check again.

I really wish they would do more niche racial flavored armor pieces. Would love a goblin belt with bombs/dynamite on them. Their heritage belt is ‘ok’ but I’m not too much of a fan of the red colored bombs.

But also speaking of gaudy jewelry…
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/dc/94/f6dc947083e71dcd020b782ee089b453.jpg

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/366/141/medium/sam-hogg-bling-bomb-lo.jpg?1419157767

4 Likes

Or a Dynamite Bandalier.

4 Likes

This would be so flipping cool dude.

Tell me about it, but for some people it´s “asking for too much”.

This is how actual “cosmetic gatekeeping” looks, dudes and dudettes. When people insists in preventing stuff while at the same time they argue they are deserving of that aforementioned stuff using arbitrary incoherent reasons.

We need a better word than gatekeeping btw… the irl connotations related to it are far more serious than pixel eye colors ffs.

Hehehe I´m honored you see it that way. Honest to God, I rather the stuff the Belves get works for every class combo available, that way more people gets the benefit and more happy customers are created.

Maybe the advantage of belonging to one of the NOT typical Belf class combos (the typical class combos are hunter, mage, paladin, warlock and DH. The “weirdos” are the rogues, the warriors, the priests and the monks cause there´s poor information on how those aspects run on Belf society, ergo not appealing to the average RPer I guess).

Better yet Drede, actual vampires getting portrayed in the media don´t usually use “goth” aesthetics. No seriously, the haircuts are as tame as they can be, and the lack of make up and similar stuff very evident. Check some posts above in which I put some images of vampires -Dracula included-.

Simply put it, people can´t come to tell Horde players can´t RP a Dark Ranger on their Paladin cause lore stupidity to make a 180º to demand a portrayal of elf vampires on Alliance Void elves (that´s even more absurd as far as keeping lore integrity is concerned).

A dynamite bandolier made of Gold. With jewels incrusted between each dynamite pack.

Imagine that, hehehe…

5 Likes

Kind of want these troll crazy eyes.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/hearthstone_gamepedia/images/4/41/Darkspear_Berserker_full.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20210330211828

4 Likes

Why is Blizzard so into implementing feedback ideas now? Appeasement it sounds like to me.

Once (or if) subscribers/players come back in droves - if things are rectified - i have a feeling Feedback implementation will go away as

1 Like