Why the lack of Customization?

It is getting tiring. I just wanted to point out that while there’s a big huge number for the belf women, all those jewelry options really inflate it. And at least personally I’d rather they did some cosmetics slots on the paperdoll for our characters rather than tying in jewelry to the barber shop.

I’m also thrilled to see that all these new boots have been added to the game, which will leave me with the amazing option of still just one pair I’ve gotten that actually shows up. (Seriously, they stuck what, 2 pairs of boots per armor type or something that show up on hooves in the Odyn based instances of Legion, and that’s it?)

I understand why people are angry. I just wished it’d be put into a more constructive form. No one should be silenced. Every voice deserves to be heard. I for one welcome more customization for everyone. I can see valid points on both sides of the argument.

Blood Elves should get more meaningful options that physically change how they look in a distinct manner. I don’t feel the jewelry does that. Like every WoW race, Blood Elves are complex and multi-faceted people who shouldn’t be made into a stereotype of vain, beautiful but weak elves.

They survived a zombie armageddon, have farstriders, and are adept in multiple types of combat. They should have access to the scars, damaged ears that night elves have and options that reflect other elements of their race.

Same here~ They did go pretty overboard on the jewelry and in my opinion most of it wasn’t that great.

However, a lot of other races didn’t get equal treatment either.

9 Likes

i still think that blood elfs and void elfs should get tattoos but i want mine to be void like and nothing like allerias belfs can have those kind

2 Likes

I really hope they switch back to core races at some point and bring the quality.

6 Likes

Jewerly is a terrible customization asset by design. Cause it doesn´t come with a color wheel, ergo more times than not the color of the jewerly ends up NOT matching the tmogs one is trying to build… and as a result, they look like this weird colored spot that removes equilibrium and balance from the whole toon. And then what people ends up doing: not using them.

Ergo a billion options of jewerly easily become… nothing. Cause more times than not one ends up ditching them to keep the visual beauty of one´s tmog.

Definitely agree there. I kinda sympathize a bit with the belves since Tauren came out good just in raw numbers, but nothing really felt all that impactful to me, so I guess I get that feeling of yeah, we do have a lot of stuff, but it wasn’t good stuff that we wanted.

side note to add i also think that everyone could use better makeup options for every race

That sounds fair, however, I’ve seen void elf players ask for farstrider tattoos just in colors different to that of the Blood Elves. More void options would be nice to improve the void fantasy. I personally would like to see starry galaxy colored hair for void elves.

I believe they will for some reason, but I’ve been disappointed before.

That perfectly sums up the problem making jewelry a majority of the customization options. I don’t use them on the characters I play. I will admit I did try them out of a few characters to see how they look in game. Not everyone wants to wear gold and red or to build their tmogs around jewelry.

For me it’s quality more than quantity.

Let’s put more energy into helping each other get what we want instead of standing in each other’s way. Tauren need more faces, imo.

Super agree! Makeup for everyone!

4 Likes

this is what i would hope for i cant stand the helf ppl i just am happy we got light skin purple eyes and now black hair but id like some void theme tattoos aswell . Unlike some ppl im happy to be a void elf and o im so jelly of that insane teal skintone the nightborne got its so bootiful i want that skintone for void elfs

1 Like

I don’t mind any group of people so long as they aren’t rude, mean or unpleasant. We can all agree and disagree without being aggressive or hostile. I hope you get what you want because the world needs more happiness.

I’d like to see a lot of different customization on a lot of the races. I’ve seen so many cool ideas across the internet.

6 Likes

I hope they fix the LFD and NB ones first tho they are soo sheeerrrrrrrr i can barley seeeeeee them even on the darkest skintones . They need to turn up the opacity a bit .

1 Like

Yeah they went a little ham on lowering the opacity.

1 Like

Kul Tiran Women

I would like to see more customization for Kul Tiran women, especially to bring them up to the same level of ruggedness as the men.

The Maldraxxi gladiators, who appear to use the exact same model as the Kul Tirans, have additional muscles shaded in, like abs and quads as seen in the comparison below. It would be awesome if Kul Tirans could get shading like this, either as additional skin colors, or as a physique shading toggle.

There is some precedence for this with demon hunters, who have standard as well as more muscled skin color options. None of these would require any fancy model edits, just the magic of contouring.

Additionally, it would be cool if Kul Tirans could get some more fierce faces. Currently, the face options all have big, wide eyes that give a doe-in-the-headlights appearance. Lower brows, more defined cheekbones, and narrower eyes could make them look a little more fierce and hardened. I really like the edited faces that Big Mama posted over on mmo-champion, as shown below. They also have a little more texture and shading that add some personality.

Eye shape we have seen can be modified slightly, as with the new Nightborne toggle. The eyes themselves can have different appearances, too, like with the following orc eye color examples that have different pupil sizes. Maybe there can be some smaller iris sizes for Kul Tirans.

Other than these new features, one quality-of-life improvement would be separating the existing scars and makeup from the face options and giving them their own category. Nautical tattoos, like the classic anchor on the shoulder, would also fit Kul Tiran men and women well.

20 Likes

The fact you guys didn´t get the actual Native American inspired tattoos of the Grimmtotem tribe is criminal.

And this is the actual problem… the average (or at least the most loud) care more for quantity over actual quality (and this without mentioning how the personal investment of each players affects too this quality threshold. For example, Worgen players mention the tail, I don´t see the issue with the lack of tail. This does NOT mean they are wrong, this means I just don´t perceive it because I´m not as invested as them, period.

And unfortunately for people like you and me, who value more quality than quantity, Blizzard will 9 times out of 10 invest in quantity over quality and NOT because they don´t “care”, but because they get more people quiet and “happy” cattering to their “quantity” petitions.

2 Likes

Rather support this.

3 Likes

I remember I afked a Trial of Style once and won, felt great lol :joy:

3 Likes

lelelelelelel there has been a few ppl doing this so far but its ok im sitting at 31 wins currently, its nothing compared to my s3 wins tho i had like 98 wins lel i didnt go as crazy this time .

2 Likes

I.

Am.

PLEASED.

Look at how amazing my Nightborne is going to look. She arguably looks better than some of the Night Elf customizations at this point. I’m shocked.

Imgur

21 Likes

She looks amazing! I can’t wait till this comes to live so I can redo mine :D. I still hope they add glowing hair and hands though.

11 Likes

She looks awesome! They really did a good job with female nb customization. They might not have the exact NPC face but they still look attractive. :wink:

I’m most excited for female Lightforged customization. Like 95% of my characters are male but I’ll make another rare exception for these lovely ladies :laughing:

16 Likes