Why the hate on blizz developers?

Still don’t understand why everyone is upset at blizz developers, people make mistakes. I bet a lot of people in here (100% my self included) have said things, promises, and other stuff and later changed our minds on it. Maybe they originally made the post for all difficulties and then decided to go on a more guild/community rout by making it normal.

A slightly more difficult challenge from normal, I understand some people complains but at the end of the day rewards feel better when you work as a team and there is some challenge. Blaming the developers for this is just childish, I’ve blame them for a lot of other stuff (serious stuff that im not gonna say here) but them changing from LFR to normal is not that crazy. Lots of post about blizz developers hating casuals and how they only reward the 1% that does normal.

Edit: Someone said blizz dev read forums, Blizz Devs give us fat goblin customization options, i want triple chins pls

1 Like

You are joking? The developers are designing content that the bean counters tell them too. In my book that makes them hacks.

39 Likes

They don’t need you to white knight for them. They don’t even read these forums, thats what the community council forums are for.

This is just a place for players to vent.

18 Likes

Yes they do.

do they read the community council forums?

1 Like

There’s making mistakes, then there’s: ranting at your customers (something developers and other staff have done within the last 2 years on social media), by your own admittance being stubborn and refusing to change or do different (which in recent Q&As they also admitted), Confirmedly sabotaging the work (see Alex Afrasiabi and the scandal), etc…

12 Likes

Because people are mad after years of getting scraps maybe?

10 Likes

scraps? like do people just want free mounts? like the ones we been getting? or do people want the same rewards for all type of contents?

1 Like

They invented Warcraft sir. They started this war!

3 Likes

“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

16 Likes

I’m not upset at the developers.

If there’s anything the last year of legal problems have shown us it is that forcing unwanted social interactions is totally “on brand” for Blizzard Entertainment.

4 Likes

Because people think that they pay $14.99 and that gives them the right to dictate the to the devs.

3 Likes

not the same thing mate

They are not your friends, they are business people who want your money. We are their customers. The game may be a personal thing for all of us, but we 1) do not own anything according the EULA and 2) people have a right to question their ethnics, methods and scummy behavior.

9 Likes

this does not concern me. i am in a guild. we are extremely beyond casual. we are only 3/11M. I (we) will get this done in season 4.

with that being said them changing it from lfr to normal is crazy. beyond crazy. so now people who cant make constant week after week times with a guild will never beable to attain this unless they buy it. not everyone got time for a guild or the responsibilities (JOB) that comes with being in one for whatever reason they have.

normal is not that much harder than lfr however you cannot que for normal. you actively have to find a group or coordinate one yourself which is something many people cannot be bothered doing. they just want to play and have fun. they do not want a 2nd job and hold peoples hands. they just want to play.

remember this does not concern me i am good personally. but i do see where these players are coming from and it is not right. this is why wow is dying.

the generation of players and the world as a whole is changing and blizzard needs to keep up. if you cannot see these players point of view and where they are coming from then you are a part of the problem as well.

3 Likes

Because they suck?

4 Likes

right but there are plenty of mounts that are not in LFR, there is also the push to try and make wow more community driven. You know maybe try to make a raid group, try to find a guild that fits your schedule. There so many people playing this game, i find it hard to believe you cant find 10 with similar time and mentality.

Im good also i went out and found a good guild, they don’t raid during my time but i do other stuff with them. And i can just form a normal raid and do it. I get it the generation of player is changing but that does not mean we have to change the meaning of MMORPG, if this new generation of players want to play a game as single player… why not play a single player game?

This is not the topic at hand. If we go by this, then you can apply this logic on every content available in the game. Stay on topic please.

that is the same topic, but ok. You can judge all you want, but still makes no sense LFR is way to easy and should not reward mounts. That simple honestly. The dev actually made a right choice.

“Hating on” and criticism for a paid service are two different things.

The first can be pretty annoying.

The latter is a must for any customer who is dissatisfied with a service they pay for within good reason.

1 Like