Why take away the quest tabard for Opposite factions

So i checked 10.2.7 and noticed that the Horde and Alliance tabards from the Exile’s Reach questing qont be usable for opposite factions
My question why take it away where we cant use it for any faction not alot of people use it but still i use those tabards sometimes now when 10.2.7 comes out i wont able to use them on any factions that i like to use them for
Clarification the mogs wont be usable on opposite factions so a undead wont be able to use a alliance tabard as a mog set

1 Like

I dunno they probably backtracked on gnomes being horde representatives

5 Likes

There is one thing you can do like this: The faction-exclusive Nazjatar fathom ray mounts. Instead of just getting the opposite-faction one automatically for use on your opposite-faction characters, you don’t. But you can farm both and interchange them between characters.

I did BfA on both Alliance and Horde, and I have the blue fathom ray, which only Alliance can purchase, for use on all my Horde characters now.

Its kinda pointless of doing it now really because there coule be people using them

I agree. I think the whole faction divide thing died a while ago.

Wait so these will be removed from our mogs? Very disappointing.

They wont be removed theyll be unusable for both factions that are the opposite like human wearing a horde tabard or undead using a alliance tabard

1 Like

Probably for the same reason they removed the ability for everyone to wear the Blood Knight tabard: vocal minority was outraged.

Why would they be able to?

1 Like

Because they already have been for a very long time and nobody cared.

Well, apparently someone did.

And I an still left curious as to why they were able to at all.

2 Likes

If they did that then why can i use the tabard of the Hand on my human warrior that’s what makes no sense

Because any Alliance can do the Draenei starting zone quests. That’s not exactly comparable.

The timerift one for alternate scourge is just an alliance-friendly forsaken tabard. If that exists, then why shouldn’t we get to have one option for opposing faction? It gives people more rp freedom. Sure, in gameplay they’re still alliance, but maybe their character identifies more with the horde?

And the only Silver Hand tabard is usable by everyone. :frowning:

because they’re opposite factions

Which doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Dude i get that but it was usable to make a fallen alliance mog look on my undead

Yeah, fair point.

It might be an interesting idea to give the opposing factions like a tattered version of the faction tabards. We can RP what ever reason we like as to why we wear them.

A tattered Alliance tabard on an Undead could be a fallen Alliance soldier. A tattered Horde tabard on an Alliance character could be a war trophy… that sort of thing. And I think it’d still fit within the spirit of the game if these existed.

2 Likes

If memory serves, the Tabard of the Hand is only rewarded to Draenei players as a bonus for being Velen’s favorite little pogchamp, ergo why a human wearing would look a little strange. All other races just get a high five and sent on their way.

Alas, no reason not to let folks have fun and do it anyway though.

I think the Ashran talbuks work the same way.

That’s actually a really cool use of it.

1 Like