Why Sylvanas is the way

I feel like choosing her out of spite is bad, because it may be read as “hey, they like her narrative!” Choosing Saurfang also feels bad, because it also feels like it does exactly what they want, and drive division.

I don’t quite know what to feel anymore.

1 Like

tbh i’m alright with being evil but then I’ll always feel on edge because we’ll likely get punished for it.

I just don’t know anymore man I feel at a loss. They screwed thing up so fast and things might just end up with 3/4 of the playerbase being unhappy. Whole forum’s a broken record at this point.

Go to the beach and have a Tauren-Burger made by the best Goblin chefs Gallywix can hire? Oops, did I say Tauren-Burger I meant HAM-burger. It’s made out of that other Taur–I mean cow. The one with four legs instead of two. I think.

I can totally be down for a motivation like:

The Horde is ruthless and cruel, down right evil to all who oppose it, while Sylvanas reigns. But it’s actions are not indiscriminate. They are for the benefit and power of the Horde!

If that were the Horde motif under Sylvanas, great.

Except we spend 90% of the time being lectured by Horde Heroes and told we are doing wrong.

6 Likes

I hate this new format. I want to just post not reply.

As much as I hate Sylvanas, I despise a repeat of MoP. I’d rather the Alliance be wiped out than to forgive the Horde for genocide. Hopefully this ends with the factions being independent instead of working together.

Arlifrex, You know that some point the devs said “the Alliance will have to choose between vengeance and saving the world” or something like that?

Well, from an RP standpoint, i dont see why i shouldnt pick revenge or see the void lords and azeroth dying as bigger threat than the horde.

I get that the point is to get the players riled up and hyped, but whats the point of that if Anduin is just gonna pin everything on Sylvanas and command us to become BFFs again?

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate you can’t like a post more than once.

Sylvanas is being Sylvanas.

There’s a thousand things you can complain about in BfA’s story, but her characterization isn’t one of them.

3 Likes

I can absolutely complain about her characterization in BFA, she’s supposed to be SUBTLE

3 Likes

I bet she’s thinking “Damnit Vol’jin! I can’t be subtle like I was in the shadows if I have to be ‘stepping out of da shadows!’”

Very much this. Think about it - if you do want to say that Sylvanas was behind the Wrathgate, consider the fact that she hasn’t been caught after… how many years has it been now? Nothing in-game implicates her, only an OOC Word of God statement. None of the characters, whatever their opinion of her, currently blames Sylvanas for that, because she carried out the plan with subtlety and plausible deniability.

Cloak and dagger shenanigans were her style. This open mustache-twirling nonsense is not, even if you are of the opinion that she’s been forever evil.

4 Likes

To expand on my previous post, you have to consider that being Warchief, a position out in the open and in the center of all the Horde’s attention, Sylvanas is probably less able to be as subtle as she wants to be.

Cloak and dagger shenanigans don’t really go together well with that sort of spotlight. It could very well be that Sylvanas is simply adapting poorly to the change in circumstances around her leadership position. Wouldn’t be the first cloak and dagger character in fiction we lost to that sort of political shift.

I think it’s more likely they are just setting her up to reveal it to saurfang. Oh I did wrathgate! Then she can laugh, nathanos can laugh, N’zoth can laugh. Then we’ll all kill n’zoth and call it a day.

I mean it’s HARD to imagine a way sylvanas’s horde and Saurfang’s horde come together, but they have made it impossible for their fans to come together. It’s vomit green drapes accenting an orange carpet. Neither are good and they are even worse together.

1 Like

I don’t think she necessarily has to be as open as you say, though. She might not be able to do things HERSELF - e.g. no more Stormheim where she runs off by herself to do her thing. She should have to delegate more, and be more careful to give herself more distance from whatever she’s ordering to have happen. I know a common refrain is Sylvanas makes her enemies uncommonly stupid, but I feel like Sylvanas is often the one acting uncommonly stupid in BfA.

So, I don’t think she’s less able to be subtle, but she IS less able to be direct, which could be something she struggles with.

3 Likes

I’m all about the spite.

3 Likes

Same.

/10char

This story has been a ride so far. And not a good one.

I was planning to back Sylvanas out of spite, but now I just want out.

Recently started binging Netflix shows again and when I’m enjoying the plot of Skylanders Academy more than I am World of Warcraft there just might be an issue.

1 Like

Yugioh has more substance and a better plot than WoW.

(Also yes, I have been binge-watching it. And holy cow, Yami Marik is disturbing)

Yubel is worse.

it baffles me how yubel pulled all that crazy sh**, and she still gets what she wants.

Stories where the crazy yandere chick somehow gets a happily ever after are pretty rare

IF this is a poll, then it is your duty to pick option 3.

Go get a tan