Why such long downtime tomorrow?

Seems the game will be down from 7am to 3pm tomorrow for maintenance. Usually it’s only an hour?

shadowlands is dropping tomorrow…
SURPRISE!

2 Likes

I’m salty because I am going to have to find something else to do

1 Like

Laundry, cleaning… Going out into the sun… all viable options.

1 Like

Raid Shadow Legends
Hearthstone
RuneScape (old school of course)

1 Like

Pokémon go is always fun. I’m filling out a couple of job applications and going to be thinking about that and how I’m going to break this to my current boss Wednesday. Lol omg I can’t wait, I’m on a early morning schedule full time right now but I have to do one all nighter every weekend so this is going to be good for me. Sorry I just wanted to get that out here somewhere. :joy: I’m nervous.

Installed the new Hamster Wheels to power the serveR!

3 Likes

this is a little sad…

I guess I could log into FF14…but there’s nothing to do on there really, either.

Probably realm connections.

2 Likes

WFH, projects all up to date. Trapped in here for 4 months. ugh.

1 Like

Probably right, they will be running a massive amount of database scripts tomorrow and integrating a lot of data. Then probably running cleanup and verification scripts as well. Because I suspect players don’t like it when all the things they worked for disappear.

1 Like

thats understandable.

Today’s video is sponsored by…

2 Likes

Realm connections.

1 Like

Those are on Thursday but this could be a pre-prep.

2 Likes

Maybe they’re doing the legwork tomorrow, so they can just flip the switch on Thursday.

We know for sure it’s not gonna be content, so this is the most likely explanation…

What about the many realms that aren’t getting new connections? Mine (Azuremyst) isn’t on the list yet.

Well either way, this is a major inconvenience. MAJOR!

lol

It’s hard to say how their servers are wired, and how every system interacts with each other. Maybe it’s safer for them this way.

If it was something of interest, like content, they’d have told us in advance. There’s only few possible explanations: Their servers need the extra work, be it because wear and tear, because they’re implementing changes to alleviate server lag, or because they’re laying the groundwork for the realm connections.