Why such a long maintenance today?

Are there any tech wizards who can explain to a normie why there’s a 7 hour maintenance for damage tweaks and minor changes? I could understand if there was some sort of part 2 to the pre expac event or continuation of the quest chain with the TWW main character line up. The features being implemented and time needed just feel so disproportionate.

3 Likes

To quote my good friend, Law Enforcement member of a small southern town, Richard Grimes…

“Stuff and Thangs”

3 Likes

These aren’t minor changes.
Plus they’ve had long downtimes when adding actual minor changes, so they’re probably playing it safe. I suspect the realms come back up before 3pm PST.

4 Likes

I understand now!

Guild banks are becoming cross servers today something like warbanks that is why the long day

3 Likes

to fix 1 thing for every 10 things they will break :smiley:

7 Likes

Some bugs didn’t properly port over from PTR/Beta testing so they’re working OT to get them in.

7 Likes

They are figuring out how to kill Elmyouu once and for all. Sweet little hunks

1 Like

See everyone at say 9:18 pm

1 Like

It is BlizZard.

Let them fix what they will break soon.

They need to take their time.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

They’re having board meetings on what mounts should be broken this week.
I hear that all mechanical mounts will now be operating with Vegetable Oil so results may vary.

4 Likes

They’re waiting for the “I took today off to play why are the servers down so long” post.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Hopefully rolling out bug fixes. Lots. And lots. And lots. And lots. And lots of bug fixes.

1 Like

Things are broken so they’re taking time to fix them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if maintenance is longer next week too with the launch of the expansion during that week.

1 Like

Over time negligence leads to test data being less chaotic than prod data. Which then leads to a lot of gotchas come patch time, especially if data has become less rigid/more fluid.

Bottom line is, the game’s 20 years old with 2-3 generations of devs working on it (From lay offs and probably better pay elsewhere lol). We’re lucky 8 hours is all they need.

1 Like

If the union members need more time to get things done we should all be okay with that.

1 Like

I too am a normie and I don’t know what sort of sorcery they are doing, but i suspect the ruinous powers are at work and a thorough inquisition will get the answers we need.

2 Likes

They still havent put in the final nerfs to all the classes yet. Give them time
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For years Tuesdays was down for this length of time, Stop crying.

2 Likes