Why so stingy with renown

At this point in the game, I feel like a +10 or higher, or a Torghast layer 9 or higher, or every single raid boss on all difficulties, should just drop renown.

3 Likes

The catch up item is about to go to 60. I think you can put forward minimal effort and flesh out the last 20 renown without breaking a sweat.

4 Likes

Renown is beyond easy to get… Did you mean anima? I feel like we should be getting more anima by now.

6 Likes

Did you patch notes? They are practically going to give it you.

• Broker Mark of Distinction now increases the Renown of your currently active Covenant to 60 (was 40).
  • Renown catch-up is accelerated through Renown 60 (was 48).
  • These activities will now have a 100% chance to reward 1 Renown upon completion:
    • Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons
    • Torghast Layers 9-16
    • Defeating a Shadowlands raid boss encounter
    • Winning a Rated Battleground
1 Like

renown is a lame game system that provides zero player value and the time involved in 80+ activities is ridiculous timegating of many necessary unlocks

similar to the vault, a system made to manipulate players rather than deliver value or content

11 Likes

Renown manipulates players HOW exactly?

3 Likes

#timeplayed. Thats it.

3 Likes

Well from the patch notes, looks like blizz agrees with me.
Too bad it had to wait until 9.2.5, however.

That said…no I don’t find it hard. I find it annoying (in its current implementation)…which Blizzard obviously agrees with.

Why is the first thing people do is to assume that people play the game less than them, or just because they complain about something that is annoying that it’s “too hard for them”? I guarantee I have more 80 renown cov’s than 99% of the playerbase.

1 Like

My 70 renown alt has played 50 arenas this week and is still renown 70. To get to 70 took multiple queue sessions from 60

Definitely don’t understand why renown is so low from rated arenas

Renown serves no purpose at this point. It is not an achievement or a display of skill to get 80 renown. Hope DF doesn’t have anything like renown that affects combat with conduit enhancements, gear upgrades and stamina increases

2 Likes

Why does it have to be mythic or torghast layers not everyone can do, also why only rated bgs? Thats not helpful for people.

2 Likes

How?

It’s given for free just doing anything in game you are already doing.

definitely agree with this, only took a matter of days to hit 80 renown on a brand new alt, but i’m still severely lacking in anima even on my main. world quests could stand to give a couple hundred more, especially the ridiculous ones with multiple objectives

1 Like

This is the beauty of it…they want renown 80 on toons they dont intend to play

You’re incorrect.
I want 80 renown on a covenant that is relatively and largely considered useless. I switch to it to “farm torghast” and barely get any renown. I switch to it for the entirety of the raid, and get maybe 1-2 from 11 bosses.

There’s really no reason I want it to 80, other than having them all to 80 on certain characters. It’s an inferior, poorly-balanced game mechanic…but I’d like to have them at 80, regardless of their current status in the game.

What my argument is - is that I’m switching to it for gameplay modes where I greatly outgear or game modes where I think choosing an inferior covenant won’t affect the outcome of the activity – and I’m still getting terrible drop rates for renown.

The question is - when performing end-game activities - why is Blizzard being so stingy with renown. Obviously in 9.2.5 they’re changing it - which I was unaware of…so apparently they also see it the same way as the majority of their playerbase does. It’s not an issue of someone not playing. It’s an issue of prepping for the ever-changing game through its development of an expansion.

Us open world players get one renown for every quest done in the ZM campaign. Callings give renown. Weeklies give renown. Assaults give renown. All campaigns give renown. World bosses give renown.

We’re covered. lol

3 Likes

Back when it was relevant I would agree.

Now it’s ridiculously easy to get. Buy the plus 40 object by the flight master… Instant half done for you.

You pretty much up until 70 from each bonus quest, some from dungeons, And then when you finally get to zm, You can get one for each quest line quest until max.

Basically you can do all of it passively. So a hard disagree

1 Like

I’m not asking how to get renown. Like I’ve said - I have more characters / covenants at 80 renown than probably 99% of the playerbase.

The question was - why are they so stingy with end-game activities.
They obviously see things my way because they’re fixing that to align with what I’m asking in 9.2.5.

I do not feel like doing the campaign over again. I do feel like participating in end-game activities, however. I do feel like participating in end-game activities using inferior covenants because I want to get them to 80. The amount of renown I am being rewarded – feels terrible.

Please stop offering solutions that have nothing to do with the question.

Coming in 9.2.5 so on Tuesday, a lot more renown!

You get like, 30 renown from completing the ZM campaign