Why should Blizzard ban bots?

Bots are paying $15/month to play.

They’re worth the same as your average player who complains about bots.

Your average player will quit, but the bots won’t and that’s guranteed income.

If Amazon is keeping 300k+ bots in Lost Ark to pump up Player numbers, then I believe Blizzard is 100% keeping bots alive in WoW to maintain Sub numbers.

Until companies exist with the sole purpose of bringing joy rather than making profits, we shouldn’t expect a soulless entity like Blizzard to do anything about bots… Unless…

Maybe we can convince them that bots hurts inclusivity?
They seem to think that inclusivity is the most important thing for their bottom line after all.

6 Likes

:thinking:

This might be crazy enough to work.

1 Like

It damages their product and breaks their rules. If they can pick and choose not to uphold certain rules, why should any player care about breaking the rules?

1 Like

Bots pay a sub and buy boosts but they are only here to print malicious gold then sell it to players. Once the market is destroyed by the inflation, the bots will then abandon ship and move on to the next game. Why do you think they would stay without customers? They are only here to sell gold.

It is more profitable for Blizzard however to just let them run rampant… which is why they let them run rampant. They like to pretend to be against cheats/bots but most of it is ignored. They will never really try to stop it because they want that sub/boost money. They also don’t want to ever really address realm populations because that’s transfer money.

1 Like

Before people come in to claim that Vrakthris is lying to us, let’s use a little common sense here. There’s tons of former employees (and some current ones to be honest) who are currently slamming Blizzard for a number of reasons. Why haven’t they utilized “allowing bots to run rampant” or “being forced to lie about banning bots” as ammunition in their social media quest to hold their company accountable?

Of all the things these employees have said, I haven’t seen a single mention of that. Maybe it’s because what Vrakthris is saying is true? Little common sense, please.

1 Like

But Blizzard does make money off the bots no matter how much they spin it.

They haven’t used “not banning bots” as ammunition because banning the bots is how they make money off them.

Why aren’t the former employees who are slamming the company saying anything about bots? These forums are claiming the exact opposite of Blizzard employees, one of these claims is wrong. If the claims by Blizzard employees are lies, why aren’t the former employees who are going after their former employer saying anything about bots?

They’ve went after Blizzard for everything under the sun. Find me the statements where they claim to be forced to lie to their playerbase about the botting situation.

I just find it so comical. Believe the employees when they’re vilifying their company but if those same employees correct a commonly believed narrative about bots, oh no, those are just lies, right? They’re lying about this but telling the truth about everything else, makes perfect sense.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Wait until Blizzard discovers they aren’t supporting Ukraine by letting Russian bots generate gold profits in Classic.

What is there to say?

I’m sure they are banning bots to make the game more enjoyable for actual players but getting more money from the botters is a side effect of that.

Every bot they don’t ban is a new subscription, boost, game purchase they don’t get.

I don’t think people are saying Blizzard gets money from not banning bots, they’re getting money is because they do.

Are you saying that Vrakthris is lying?

Joke thread?

thats no company
thats a charity
and most of those are dubious

Are you saying that you honestly believe every boosted 60 rogue bot in ramparts is sitting on a stolen account? Jimmy quit the game and conveniently didn’t use his own boost?

No. Why bother. These are running on brand new accounts and boosts, which conveniently come bundled with a month of sub time. It makes gold until reported and allegedly banned, which absolutely benefits the blues.
Because the farmers will just make a new account and buy a boost on it. Again and again.

The accusation, was not putting a stop to the entire program. For good.
Because they haven’t. And won’t.

Charities are just scam companies in disguise.

Read the entire post from Vrakthris.

In both cases, dealing with fraudulent charges costs the company money.

Read my entire post.

Every successful ban is a fresh $40 they’ll score back when the replacement bot is created.

In both cases, dealing with fraudulent charges costs the company money.

The boosts are being purchased with stolen credit cards because these botting operations don’t spend their own money. Blizzard then has to deal with chargebacks.

If you don’t believe these Blizzard statements on botting, then why aren’t the current and former employees who are shaming the executives and penny pinchers at Blizzard also calling them out for forcing their CS employees to lie about this?

Maybe because CS employees like Vrakthris are telling the truth?

1 Like

No. Because some of the bots I have been reporting for months are still there to this day. I remember the names.
So it becomes a little hard to believe the “wow thanks so much for your help, we took action” notes in my mailbox.

Either way, it’s an epidemic and as others have pointed out, oddly not an issue on pservers…

economic damage.