Why pick Horde v Alliance for PvP?

The Horde will never admit it but they pick Horde because the racial traits are more OP for PvP. I mean, who would pick a big fat cow, an ugly Orc or a bony stank Undead over a hot Night Elf or a Human chick with voluminous breasts (or a cute cuddly gnome)?

Listen, I know Horde will deny it because they are PvP Gods after all, right? Unfortunately I have proof. The simplest comparison make it VERY clear the disparity in racial traits and the ultimate reason racial populations were never even in Vanilla or Classic.

So here it is: Will of the Forsaken v Escape Artist

These are two of the best racial traits from each faction for PvP. I think we can all agree to this. They are very similar in that they break a certain type of CC. WOTF breaks fear, sheep, sap, mind control while escape artist breaks roots and snares. So let’s look at these very similar racial traits:

WOTF:
Cast Time: Instant
Recast: 2 mins
Immunity Effect: 5 seconds

EA
Cast Time: .5 Seconds
Recast: 1 Minute
Immunity Effect: None

So, WOTF renders the Undead player IMMUNE to charms, fears and sheeps for 5 secs and is an INSTANT CAST. While Escape artist is a .5 second cast time and has no immunity effect. Why? Why does WOTF give them a 5 sec immunity and EA gives none? Why is there no cast time for WOTF and there is for EA? Is it because the person in charge of making these spells was Undead perhaps? lol. It’s so obvious.

In any case, this is just one of MANY reasons the Horde racials > ally racials. Warstomp and Stun resist come to mind…but that’s an entirely different post. So yes, the faction imbalance is Blizzards fault…for a failure to just plain balance the faction’s abilities.

Just mho.

where have you been for the past 15 years?you should have known this from day one.

3 Likes

EA is more compareable to Hardiness.

The better comparison to WotF is Stoneform. Removes poison, bleed disease and makes immune for a duration. Also buffs armor a bit.

EA is nice. Its guaranteed while Hardiness is not. Hardiness can happen multiple times in rapid sucession though. They are decent for different classes. Id rather have EA on a Warrior, but hardiness on a warlock for example.

WotF is great, but doesn’t really change any pvp matchups, it’s placebo. UD mage still gets trounced by Ally shadow priest or Warlock for example. Stoneform can actually change some matchups.

1 Like

I picked Troll because it is the superior race in WoW. Flat out.

1 Like

Ud rogue vs alli warlock or shadow priest is absolutely impacted by wotf.

Damn… Wish I was that good lol I struggle with WoTF sometimes, completely changes most fights

OP completely neglected or forgot about dwarves .

In the case of warlock, not if you’re actually pvp spec. You don’t even cast fear on rogues. Deathcoil is all you need.

And priests were gonna lose to a good rogue when they get jumped anyway, so that matchup didn’t change either.

1 Like

You start your post by saying they will never admit it this is why they play Horde, then you end it with saying this is just your opinion. Nicely done!

I do not play Horde because of racials, I play it because It’s more aesthetically pleasing to in every way.

1 Like

Escape Artist has literally half the cooldown of WoTF, which the OP ignores, as well.

I mean, you’re free to be wrong if you want. Gnomes are clearly superior to everything. There’s a reason out of everything Chromie could have picked, that she chose gnome.

1 Like

I’ve never been more mistaken in my life, such beauty

I am not Forsaken, I am Formistaken

2 Likes

It’s okay, we can still be friends.

Wanna talk about how the Alliance needs OP racials to kill a couple brainless computer programs? After all, that’s what PvE is.

At this point people pick the horde because they are perceived as the pvp faction. They could have nerfed every horde racial before Classic launch and I believe faction balance would be nearly identical to what it is now.

1 Like

Nobody denies that horde have better racials. I’m a druid, I have to pick between an aoe stun with a .5 second cast or being able to… stealth even though I can already stealth? Orc has not only the best pvp racial but on top of that good bonuses for hunters or melee dps. I’d say undead racial is about on par with gnome which is maybe the best pvp class for alliance.

But once again I’m not going to pick a worse option (especially as a druid) just to be a special unicorn. I picked the best one and I wished it was more balanced but of course most people will pick what’s best.

For the most important part of pvp in vanilla, which is WSG, I’d say the factions are even or slightly in favor of alliance. Pallies are slightly better than shammies in general team fights and significantly better in wsg. But most people will pick the better faction for solo play, which is horde by far.

Because some people like the game for things besides ERP? If majority of alliance intention is to pretend to be a girl online then no wonder why they’re getting shafted so hard in PvP.

But Grandpa Trump, the boobs. Come on.

Shadow priests slam dunk on rogues, even if rogues are getting an opener. Obviously there are those insane “world of roguecraft” caliber players than can win any 1v1 naked, but generally speaking, spriest is not a good matchup for a rogue.

WotF definitely changes that matchup.

What about dwarfs removing my blind and crip poison and humans finding me a mile away when I stealth.

Gnomes getting a full 5% more int.