Why on earth was the decsion to lose Stgyia on death in the maw for?

It’s… it’s… it’s a… slap in the face!

2 Likes

Because devs are trying to return wow to “RPG elements from the roots of wow”, ie things like losing progression when you die, which people hated and came to wow to get away from.

15 Likes

exactly.

hell.
what part of ‘hell’ is unclear?

4 Likes

Hey stop it with that simple logic. We don’t appreciate that kind of thing around here.

NeRf ThE mAw!

2 Likes

Bad ideas really.

People love dark souls for its difficulty, so perhaps they assumed if the maw was difficult, and had the loss of resources on death feature, people would love it?

The maw just feels like a chore at best, which is what dailies are. Chores, that can now punish you.

This is probably a side effect of the retail team getting a rude slap in the face from the large player base who wanted to play classic, over their game.

5 Likes

probably to prolong content. it’s dumb af tbh but thats how they prolong the content i mean look this patch we aint got much of anything besides balancing or should i say “balancing”

1 Like

It’s to encourage you to not fight too many things/things that you aren’t ready for and die. Dying in game should have consequences. Outside of the maw we really don’t have much.

2 Likes

What losing armor durability and re-tracking your progress from where you died isn’t enough now?

3 Likes

It would seem not.

Issue for some, especially AOE spammers is its not them. It’s the idiots pulling a huge fan club, running, coming into their area and the ,say, consecrate pulls the aggro.

Pally started off good and played smart. its the fel rushing DH out of the blue who dumped 5 mobs that messed that plan up.

3 Likes

BS.

They just want to string us out.

3 Likes

Whatever fuels your crusade, bud.

Not just me who feels that way :smiley:

Didn’t ask :+1:t3:

Who thought they wanted to play classic, but left soon afterwards. Those who stayed were mostly people who had been playing on private servers forever. Devs still appear convinced that the old way is the only way to salvation.

why people defend losing stygia is beyond me

like i get it there should be a death punishment but losing a literal % of your stygia that gets worse as you bank more is jsut stupid. WoW isn’t a darksouls game.

5 Likes

So as long as the penalty for dying doesn’t affect you, it would be fine. A penalty is suppose to be bad, it’s not suppose to be something you can ignore.

Just run back to your corpse and get the stygia back.

2 Likes

Because it’s not that big of a deal? That and the Eye mechanic are an attempt to make an endgame zone that actually feels dangerous without just obnoxiously scaling up mob health and damage. I think it’s good game design and I hope they do more of it.

3 Likes

kinda a big deal when you dc in between running back to corpse or you fall off ledge and body is unreachable.

2 Likes