Why no one can hear me in /say or /yell chat?

hii guys so i resubbed and i tried talking to bf but he culdnt hear me and then i realized noone can unless i join party or whisper them. im not trial and im able to trade, send mail, and whisper anyone. im able to type in say chat and yell and see anims and chat bubbles but noone else can so there been many situation now where im jus talking so much to someone and they dont reply and stand blankly and i feel like noone cares about me until i realized in their END they just see me staring blankly at them too. whts going on?? i typed /resetchat and updated addons and everything is up to date. i tried loggin in diff char too still no work.

some rlly kind elf man and also some human or elf woman wasent sure cuz they were wearing armor, helped me confirm tht they cant hear me too

THX SO MUCH FOR HELP AND HOPE ANYONE READING THIS HAVING NICE DAY (ITS OKK IF NOT I LEAST KNOW U WILL HAVE NICE DAY EVENTUALLY CUZ THTS WHT LIFE IS LIKE, KISES AND HUGS SMILES AT U)

Do you currently have the Dragonflight expansion?

We had a post earlier about this issue and the persons affected did not have Dragonflight.

We currently do not have info on whether that behavior is intended or a bug.

But that earlier post is now in Bug Report forum should you wish to add your experiences to it.

4 Likes

hello blood elf dahling bows gracefuly. thank u fore ur input, i didnet expect someone to come reply so fast but yhah i dont have dragonflight expansion. i like ur hood btw and also i jus contacted blizzard support i made ticket bout chat issues i hope i wont get robot response

2 Likes

If it’s a bug, or even a design change, there would be little a gm could do anyway. A bug report is better.

The other thread

4 Likes

Just to clear up any miconception and leies about your last sentence. Stop the presses psa ignore the streamer s the truth is here blizzard uses templates not ai or bot every ticket handled by a real person. People realy need to stop reading and believing the reddit and streaming trolls

5 Likes

If your account was unpaid for a time it reverts to Starter restrictions. Once the payment finishes processing chat restrictions should go away.

1 Like

Hi.

Teensy correction.

This is the other thread:

/Say and /Emote bugged for people that don’t have Dragonflight - Support / Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

That’s the one with the most info and where they found it out.

I’m just the dimwit who posted something in the wrong forum.

But, yeah. It’s…I’m worried it’s going to get worse as more people come back because of hype, and get hit with…stuff like what the original poster said.

2 Likes

A few of us had thought that, too.

But this is something different.

This is hitting people with paid accounts. People are still able to whisper strangers, and post in chat channels (Trade, General, etc).

2 Likes

Hey all,

I just wanted to pop in to say that we’re aware of the issue and we hope to have it resolved as soon as we can.

8 Likes

Thank you.

You have no idea how much of a load that is off of my shoulders to know it’s being looked at.

(And again, I’m sorry I put something in the wrong forum before. Still navigating this.)

3 Likes

That’s fine, Vanaelia. It’s rarely a bad idea to ask. While ultimately bugs should be reported in the Bug Report forum, we try to stay updated on most emerging issues. :slight_smile:

Hopefully a hotfix can be implemented soon to clear this up.

6 Likes

ohh okk i dident know, cuz im talking from personal experience and kept gettin same reply over again even if i kept asking fore clarification

I hope so. I should say that earlier tonight, I saw someone who also encountered this problem. They had asked in Moon Guard trade about it, and via a whisper, this was shared:

“So, I’m going to be FORCED to buy DF just for the access to general chat options? WHY DID I RESUB.”

I’m not disclosing a name in public, but I want to let people know this is still happening. Some cynical people have been all “Man, this is just a ploy by Blizz to make people buy the expansion”, and I don’t think that’s the case. Not just because I don’t want to be cynical, but because I am fairly sure that the most likely thing people will do after getting upset at this?

Is just stop playing the game all together. If someone comes back for RP, pays money, then finds out they can’t actually RP until they pay more money? That’s…not gonna fly.

I hope this gets fixed soon. And actual soon, not, y’know.

“Soon™”.

1 Like

For those of us keeping tracking, it turns out that ‘soon’ was actually soon, and not ‘soon™’.

This seems to have been resolved with the latest hotfix.

6 Likes