Why no flying in Eversong

It’s because Eversong and Azuremyst Isle are frozen in time at the end of Burning Crusade. It’s prior to the Cataclysm when people acquired their flight master’s license. And it’s because it’s an instance on the Outland world server, which means flight wasn’t coded in.

I’m all for flying to be brought to Eversong and Azuremyst, but it would require an overhaul to both zones and to add them on to the Eastern Kingdoms / Kalimdor world servers as actual zones.

Actually… outland was the first place in the game to get flight <_<;

It’s just those fourfive zones.

Because there are literal holes in the geometry that can’t be seen from the ground but can be seen by flight.

I’d rather they expand our maps further than fix old content that most don’t see after the first few levels of making a blood elf/draenei.

Or might never see if they start in Exile’s Reach.

I’m aware. Note what I said. Eversong and Azuremyst are instances on the Outland world server. As in, they function similarly to a dungeon where you can mount, but cannot fly.

1 Like

I don’t actually think they are instances, those have separate servers that are spun up and down on load. They exist in the same map IIRC, they are just blocked off via walls and fatigue zone.

Laziness is the only answer.

I suppose that’s possible, but there’s also instance portals to actually get in, like the one in EPL to get into the Ghostlands. I know if you’re in Shattrath and somene’s in Eversong, their arrow pops up on the minimap. Maybe it has the Wintergrasp syndrome where it’s just a bubble where people can’t fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFE8HzIijY this explains it. RIP Haven Games.

1 Like

AFAIK that’s correct, there are some really weird quirks. Like it’s faster to fly to shattered sun, then fly to the ZA raid entrance from Ironforge/SW than directly.

Edit found it:

People already get mad at them for pulling lore out of nowhere. Do you want to see the storm as a result of having to add a large section of mountains in order to not have deathholme and stratholme occupy the same space? Thus requiring all maps to be remade and less agile readers not understanding why stuff has changed (you know the people with Brittanicas from the 60s on science topics).

They should really change that. Also I can’t remember if that is something that was in place during tbc. Remember visiting the isle then, but can’t remember leaving anyway other than teleport (and then hearth back).

So you still do even if you fly back, it just teleports you to a different location on the map. You technically teleport on the flight in and then again when you fly to ZA.