This account has been active since 2012? Why cant i log into DF beta? was i supposed to sign up somewhere?
you have to sign up for them somewhere in your account settings yes. the age of your account has no bearing on whether or not you get beta access though. most of them are selected at random
You have to opt in through your account settings on the website if you want to be considered. The Dragonflight web page had a big “beta opt-in” button at the bottom of it.
You have to register to get beta access and often it is streamers and people who play a large number of different blizzard games or a lot of those specific games who get beta.
Isn’t Beta about over with? Pretty sure the test servers are down now, if not they will be soon.
My account has been active since 2004, I signed up for the Beta, and still did not get access. Literally the first Beta for Blizz I never got into since Lost Vikings.
It happens.
Only ever beta I was given access to was Legion, but damn that was a cool beta. Spent most of my time playing with the DH customizations and getting lost in Suramar city. I’m a horrible beta tester.
I sign up for Beta, I never get into Beta. Join the club.
Same, been playing since spring of '08.
Who knows, ive signed up multiple times over the last few months. Have spent idk $5k+ on my battlenet account have always been subbed to wow.
Never got a key.
Rigged man.
You can’t opt in more than once, even if it pretends to let you. Not unless you use more than one Bnet account.
How much we spend has nothing to do with Beta access for Blizzard games, thankfully.
- Friends and Family
- Media and Influencers
- Random opt ins
- Promotional giveaways of keys
The VAST majority get access via the random selection from the opt in pool.
Yes. ![]()
The expansion comes out in 2 weeks.
Stupid story.
I went to see if the PTR was having an update because my battle.net kept saying something was updating.
And it turns out I got into the Beta. On phase 2 of the Pre-Patch. 3 weeks before launch.
I don’t know if they are still giving out beta access, but damn does it seem unnecessary at this point.
I was on beta last night.
Not heard anything about it being taken down yet either.
Yeah idk, i think the people who have been playing the longest and play the most should get rewarded with keys versus FOTM 100 viewer streamers who crap on the game all day for clicks and will quit 10.0 for the next w.e FOTM game comes out.
just my opinion.
Well being that Live is not far away, they won’t be up much longer.
I got into beta once. It was for Wrath. It was not that great. Once I had done things in beta and the game went live, I felt I had lost some of the wow look at that! feeling. I had done it, and seen it. Once I moved out of those two starting zones for Northrend did I start seeing things and being amazed at what I saw.
They want Beta input from a very wide variety of players. New, old, casual, hardcore, pet battlers, PvPers, etc. If they limited it to old accounts that would slant feedback in a particular direction.
Now, for the concept of granting Beta to active players who have been on recently, I think they did require a Sub for at least the first round of Beta invites from the opt ins.
They also did something a bit different with the D4 End Game Closed (and NDA blocked) Beta. They invited people who had a certain amount of current end game progress in D3, D2R, or DI to play. Seeing as it was under NDA, those 100 or so media folks were not a factor. Anyone streaming it or talking about it had content removed (DCMA strike) lost Beta access, and potentially could face legal actions.
So yeah, they have tried various Beta invite strategies over time, including game time or vet status, but it is not something they regularly do, unless that is the population portion they specifically want feedback from.
Makes sense. I guess I dont understand why more people dont have access? Are that many people going to play beta that the stress on the servers wont be able to handle it?
I just wanna run keys and hate this current prepatch tuning. Id rather play the fake version of the game on beta then play this awful prepatch with conduits, covenants, etc etc.
And to your earlier point… I absolutely opted into the beta at least twice. The second the trailer came out I definitely opted in. Checked online last week and it let me click “opt in” again, and it said “thanks for opting in!”
So maybe they clear the opt ins after each round or something. Theres no shot I didnt opt in, we all did after the first trailer.
Yes. One time they did let people buy Beta access, sort of. The WoW Annual Pass was a contract agreement to pay every month. In return you got a free copy of D3, Tyreal’s Charger mount in WoW, and access to the MoP Beta.
The MoP Beta was a mess. There were 1.2 million who signed up for the Annual Pass so it was FLOODED, even with them doing the invites in waves weeks apart. Starting zones for pandas and stuff were unplayable. Then those who did not get in the first wave, were really upset they had to wait.
They said never again.
No, it is just a misleading website issue. It does not actually add another opt in and your first had not gone away.