Why Nerf Paladins Avengers Shield? Stop Nerfing Rets

It’s rock, paper, scissors dude. It’s always been that way since 2004.

You’re gonna struggle against ranged classes. Frankly, you should be thanking your lucky stars that they gave Ret Paladins access to a ranged snare at all, but instead you’re whining.

1 Like

Ok Kind of off topic but Where did they say that they nerved it ? Those looking for the blue post. And I don’t see anything even mentioned about classes in the update ?

Calling this a nerf is disingenuous. Druids can remove Wing Clip. Druids can remove Hamstring. Druids can remove ALL movement impairing effects when they shape shift. The fact that Avenger’s Shield wasn’t removable was unintended. You’re complaining that they fixed a bug.

3 Likes

Paladin

• Avenger’s Shield’s movement slow is now properly considered a Snare and can be removed by effects that remove movement impairing effects.
1 Like

wait no i’m sorry you’re supposed to be extremely angry and call people names, I don’t understand this.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/season-of-discovery-class-tuning-december-19/1745880/1

Hey i get it, you are bad at pvp and your op ability was nerfed. Just learn this, ahem. “Despite blizzard loving paladins that doesnt mean tjey need to win every 1v1 fight.” So, grow a pair and stop whining

1 Like

Ok hmmmm So they didn’t get rid of the slow they just made it dispelable ? Hmmmm I mean That’s not the biggest nerve in the world.

It could have been a lot worse but I don’t know this is why I don’t like Nerves for pvp Because classic pvp has never been even remotely balanced.

I mean, we’re all complaining about this now. Or at least a lot of people are but I guarantee next phase Warriors are going to be a menace.

Let me just point this out War bringer with Win fury axe Mortal strike and axe Specialization ya.

So ya Have fun Being one shotted constantly but ya.

Pinks malding.

3 Likes
  • Have Seal of Justice up.
  • Avenger’s Shield while closing gap with druid.
  • Switch to 2h once closed, auto attack, CS/DS.
    -If they weren’t stunned, and if they shapeshift and flee, stick with your group, don’t chase. If they were stunned, continue below.
  • Get up Seal of Command before their stun wears off/before they trinket it off.
  • Hammer of Justice once they’re no longer stunned.
  • Judgement of Command while they’re stunned, along with CS/DS. Pop Seal of Command.

You’re not guaranteed to win, but Avenger’s Shield while closing the gap still will make them shapeshift or pop a trinket to clear it, and a SoJ stun followed by a HoJ stun allows you to get some offense in while still letting you get the heavier damage from JoC.

yeah, im the one bad at pvp not the druids that were crying about a slow on a 30 sec cd and by the time you get to them the slow is almost over with them having a good toolset to get away. That being said its completely fine that druids can spam sunfire at 30 yards with no risk until you die. You honestly lack perspective.

1 Like

Tbh I think they should of left it as a daze but reduced the duration to like 5 maybe 6 seconds.

Making it magic just kinda sucks.

my issue is with feral cats abusing sunfire more than the change to avengers shield. if they want to change avengers shield, fine, but something needs to be changed about sunfire in feral forms. a 30sec cd or maybe it can only be used in melee range, something like that.

You do realise that everyone who isnt a paladin was complaining about the slow being a daze correct? The point of druid shaleshifts are to remove chunks of your mana bar and slows. The point of the pvp trinket is to remove slows and immobilization effects. You understand, right? Or, to quote sir finley mrgglton “[do] you simply lack perspective”

1 Like

Cool, so does everyone else

What’s your point

3 Likes

you understand that druids abuse sunfire correct? that using energy to cast sunfire at 30 yards with no way to counter is broken right?

Wait til you hear about Mage… You’re gonna lose your mind!

6 Likes

lol at least mages are using a resource like mana and multiple abilities unlike a feral cat using energy to cast only sunfire.

@Lazmanx my point is that its exciting gameplay to not be able to counter getting kited by a feral cat casting sunfire until you die.

Energy is a resource.

2 Likes

I mean I get it but that shouldn’t have been a reason to leave paladin daze like it was

Let blizzard sort it out