Why must I PvE to do better in PvP? šŸ˜”

Iā€™m honestly livid how developers of this game continuously believe that itā€™s a good idea to have players commit to doing PvE content to do better in PvP.

Is it laziness that you guys want to clump players together and have us doing the same content? Or Is it possible that the developers are being chocked out of being able to help us by someone above them? :thinking:

It begs the question how things wouldā€™ve turned out had this system been in reverse. Imagine having players needing to do PvP content to acquire gear for Raiding in BFAā€¦ Itā€™s absurd there would be backlash! Pure and simple.

I donā€™t get how for years you have players reach out and try to get their voices heard on a game mechanic, which we all loved at some point and think that we will just full heartedly take this slap in the face terrible progression system youā€™ve thrown at us.

63 Likes

Because wow is a pve game first. Pvp is a side game.

44 Likes

The game has been like this from day 1, I didnā€™t see anything different happening in classic.

It is unrealistic to expect it will change now when it has been like this for most of all the years of its existence.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s not entirely true burning Crusade and Lich King had resilience gear from vendors. That gear was a groundbreaking change and itā€™s also a change many would like to see come back

45 Likes

They create a huge world loaded with content. They reward people for exploring and overcoming challenges.

Why would you ā€œonlyā€ PvP? Arenas are the lowest form of digital PvP. You play ring around the Rosie until a healer runs out of mana.

Seriouslyā€¦ youā€™re pvping in a RPG. Go play Overwatch or Fortnite. Your gear will always be the same as everyone elseā€™s.

16 Likes

Pve gear for pve/pvp gear for pvp. What an insane idea

26 Likes

Uhā€¦ this happens. Deal with it. In MoP, we had to pvp for our cloaks. In BfA, most Dps specs nest essences are pvp ones.

This is not new.

4 Likes

BC was the expansion with a lot of win trading wasnā€™t it, what was the big cheat in Lich King.

1 Like

No it hasnā€™t always been like this. PVP had itā€™s own stream for many expansions. If people enjoy PVP only, then let them PVP only.

Why force them to do something they donā€™t enjoy doing? Why waste time on it? I find PVE repetitive and not very exciting but PVP is amazing.

The game designers need to come up with a better of handling this issue.

28 Likes

I guess of the time Raiders did not like getting three shot by pvpers.

However now is more of a time than any to bring resilience gear back because there is a simple solution for that problem now the next turn warmode off.

Back then that was not an option because if you were on a PVP server to play with friends you had no way to avoid it now you do.

So in my opinion they should bring that gear back

4 Likes

Nope. I did PvP in MoP and it was fantastic. I never dungeoned or raided and did totally fine with the resource system for gear that was based on ā€¦ actually doing PvP.

Every single iteration of the game since MoP has been a joke for PvP. They got it right once, then promptly showed us that it was an accident, not a good design.

18 Likes

Because thatā€™s all they want to do? Yall are being pretty unreasonable. Bring PvP vendors back and leave pvp/pve gear totally separate. Corruption has FAR too much effect in PvP and should be disabled, at the very least.

26 Likes

youā€™re telling me to go pvp in first shooter games in a rpg game that is about faction conflict? which btw is a MMO gameā€¦

5 Likes

You can actually get good PvP gear from PvP. PvE is just the quick and easy way to gear for PvP.

3 Likes

Someone who does both has an advantage in both (getting extra items that can corrupt, high item levels for high arena ranks).

The game is designed to encourage doing both, especially with some BiS essences needing PvP. Too bad if you only like one, maybe try a different game? There are plenty out there that revolve around PvP.

1 Like

encouraging players how? By literally making pve the main source for gear progression to do better in pvp?

5 Likes

Same reason you gotta pvp to do better at pve. Itā€™s better for the game overall. Stop.

2 Likes

But not an RPG, where you level up your character and get better gear for difficult content.

You get raid quality gear in PvPā€¦ you just have to be better at running around pillars than most others.

1 Like

when was it that you have to do pvp to get better with pve content?? in BFA ???

1 Like

Maybe the developers just wanted to try and get us to play all content and didnā€™t realize you are so pitiful at half the game

1 Like