Why MM aren’t being nerfed

MM get a little overall damage buff. Their sniper gets a 5% reduction. The range needs to be toned down. And sniper needs to be removed. Blizz is not ignorant to this.

The real reason: majority of wow players are dps. By a large margin. And the majority of those dps are hunters. Wish I could insert a nerd-graph here to illustrate. That being said…. Blizz will not nerf its highest selling player class. They do not want a repeat of the Great Whinefest of 2023 when the streets were wet with hunter tears after double tap was removed.
Blizz knows what side the bread is buttered on. Hunters are good business. Terrible for balanced game play but great for subs and token sales!
It’s the same with m+ players. They constitute the highest population therefore blizz gives them whatever they need. M+6 dungeons are giving higher loot then mythic raid bosses. lol.
That’s the real picture. Money talks.

2 Likes

The real reason? They are garbage against good players.

13 Likes

It’s a bit nutty to see dmg meters in epic BGs. Sometimes it’s just green and blue at the top. Well balanced game.

1 Like

I think a lot of people are going to see it like this, but it’s actually a 25% damage reduction to sniper.

They aren’t nerfing the overall damage by 5%, they’re nerfing the base damage. Base damage is 20% of max health, will go down to 15% tomorrow, meaning it will do 75% or the damage that it does today

But yes, the other buffs are weird

1 Like

They get whooped in the solo shuffle though.

4 Likes

The buff to rapid fire was really weird

1 Like

Well they are the beginner class that’s for sure which is why they are so popular

4 Likes

sniper shot was doing 80% of some1s hp bar now it will ONLY do 5/8ths of some1s hp bar

oh dang… might wanna buff rapid fire to compensate!

2 Likes

Yea, they completely ignore how it’s not just sniper shot, it’s the whole toolkit hunters have when they exit stealth and people first notice them. By the time they are noticed the damage is impossible to live through unless you blow all your cooldowns and then it’s not really a fair trade.

Just remove their stealth and people will see them coming and deal with them better. Stealth was never a staple of the hunter class in this game. The devs need to stop being stubborn and admit it was a mistake.

2 Likes

maybe in arenas

but in BG it would mostly be the same… people would be occupied with a team fight, hunturds just standing 60 yards back doing what they want. if any1 even tried to dare get to the huntuird they are met with 6 hard CCs and 4277924 micro CCs

The biggest issue with MM is the range. It’s an absolute back breaker for Unrated PvP

Hahahahaha I had root beer fly out my nostrils at this!!
Blizz…devs….admitt mistakes have been made? Watch for the round of tuning after this one blizz will triple down on hunter lol :joy:
When I make a post like this you can bet they will make every effort to find the tiniest infraction to ban me.
But there is a reason why blizz won’t deal with hunters and it’s the same reason they won’t deal with the m+ crowd….money and only money matters to them. It’s no longer about creative fantasy mmo it’s just about subs and token sales

The real reason is that Blizzard balanced around 3v3, but even in that regard MM is fine to good. So there’s actually no good reason at all

Blizz doesn’t balance anything in PvP! They balance the entire game around m+ and manage PvP as an afterthought! There is zero foresight that goes into planning for PvP!
All they do is balance for m+ and send out the fire trucks to put out PvP fires it causes

1 Like

would you rather them be balanced around rated bgs?

The absolute last place anything should be balanced, is around random bgs.

2 Likes

This kind of.
They don’t really have the sustain to thrive in the prolonged teamfights of higher rated + coordinated games where you have 3 healers coordinating defensives. They’re also pretty terrible into moonkin which are everywhere in RBGs.
tbh though if things kept going long enough, I kinda suspect we’d see the rated BG meta shaken up a bit. It’s very slow to adjust.

Can someone explain the logic of the only ranged dps spec that doesn’t have to worry about being interrupted also getting the longest range?

Can someone explain why something that is supposed to do 20% of a number gets to deal anything other than 20% of said number?

Either delete Sniper Shot or fix the “oversight” that allows this ability to benefit from throughput stats and damage modifiers when no other percent-based ability is allowed to do so.

6 Likes

Pew pew pew, come play hunter yall.

1 Like

Activision trying to turn WoW into Call of Duty: The MMO :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

Funny you say that cause I actually made that reference some time ago when I bought a hunter through a boost from the WoW shop. I was sick of dying almost instantly to hunters as a Ret, So now I play MM also.

1 Like