Why its hard to take SoM seriously

Speak for yourself lmao wtf are half those “demands”?

2 Likes

Not demands at all. If they just did what I said more people would have played SoM and it would be a better game.

Right now it has a low appeal because they didn’t target the audience they should have.

They tried to target “hardcore” raiders but they want WBs so they aren’t playing SoM. They stayed in TBC which was what was obviously going to happen. TBC has the more difficult content.

Also casuals aren’t going to want to play SoM because MC now takes hours and you need to spend all your time farming gold or farming mats for consumes.

The only people who are happy are no life degen rankers because rank gear is essentially free and they can rank from day 1. Guess what, not many of these people exist.

6 Likes

This is what happens when you put people in control of developing a project who don’t know anything about it and rely on community survey’s for decision making. The wow community at large isn’t represented in any survey.

Majority of the forum posters you see are people who only care about a fully populated world and leveling experience. Meanwhile, most people play the game very differently from this form of idealism. This very loud group of people will ask to remove layers even if it completely makes a server unplayable and other such nonsense.

People fail to accept the reality of how people actually play games. Don’t listen to what people tell you they want from a game. You have to examine how they actually play them.

4 Likes

100%. People lie on surveys. You have to have people working for you that know the content and know what people want regardless of what they cry about. And then you have to TRUST these people and give them authority to make decisions.

2 Likes

There was no reason to take any of it seriously, including rebooting Classic a couple of years ago.

People have played fresh for 15 years on private servers. There is a demand for it. But if you make dumb changes that no one wants, they won’t play.

6 Likes

When we figure out we just need a bunch of cool people to play Classic with instead of an unending cycle of fresh servers to kill off then things might improve.

1 Like

Chad ranker mages knowing whats up in this thread. Cheers

False bro. If they did what I said they’d have more players. Those suggestions will not make som great. In fact, NO suggestions will. The game will never be great unless you reroll classic 2019 with mage boosting and removing wbuffs upon lock summons. I know you hate world buffs but it’s a tough love Element that extends the life of the game, no matter WHAT argument you present. I have never been wrong on my estimates on this forum, to deny me now is foolish

2 Likes

Mage boosts are stupid. Players coming on to qq about mage boosting are hilarious.

What you suggested sounds horrible for the most part and would be just as bad as SoM.

I have no idea how people still do not realize that this game does not need any changes. In fact all it needs is to be as close to the original game progression as possible.

There is a reason why pservers do progressive itemization and the like. Even 1.12 talents for most of the content is not ideal, but hey, nobody has the actual data and specially for pservers its impossible to recreate the original timeline.

The only ones who could do it is Lizzard, but we all saw how classic turned out and how much they “care”…

2 Likes

I’ll be honest, I have no issues with the majority of those changes - specifically the leveling improvement, and the shortened release schedule; however, I do agree that they’ve went over the top with the changes made for MC.

It’s Chocolate time! :chocolate_bar:

1 Like

well its not pick and choose dude.

Also the original game was very carefully crafted and aspects of it in it were in symbiosis with each other. Look at the ranking system. Everyone knows its terrible for your irl to rank to r14. As its that competitive in terms of a time sink.

But look how even a small change to it like they did in SoM affects the rest of the game. So when in doubt, don’t change a thing. Whatever made vanilla work, warts and all… it worked.

You start tinkering with it, well you gonna have a bad time.

They don’t have data pre 1.12, or so they claimed.

Clearly nothing.

Well they had it for TBC, and look what they did with TBCC.

When did suggestions become demands?
note, I agree with most of those suggestions

this is such a bad argument, the intention of SoM isn’t classic reboot 2 anyway, its a seasonal version of the game, changes are required to make a 1 year turn around viable.

How is it a bad argument? You made the point that they didn’t have the data for anything other but 1.12, implying thats why we got what we got with classic.

Meanwhile they did have the original data for TBC and still just gave us 2.4.3 version with phased content instead of replicating the original game.

Therefore it stands to reason that even if they had the original data, they wouldn’T have tried to give us the original progression of the game (classic) either.

Just cause you dislike an answer, does not make it a bad argument. Also I was not specifically talking about SoM, but rather Classic instead too.

2 Likes