Why isnt there a greater outcry?!

I don’t trust your numbers but even if they are true it’s clear that those players aren’t playing here or there would be a demand for wrath era on the forums. Perhaps they like their free servers and don’t want to pay or perhaps they like the private server shops or perhaps they don’t like the changes blizzard made. But if those wrath players exist on theft servers in the numbers you suggest they aren’t here and aren’t going to come here to play wrath era servers. And those who are here are just a fringe group with a population unable to sustain a wrath era server.

1 Like

the number of wrath private servers since 2010 ish is insane, many have died but it’s far & away the most popular expansion. the TBC, Mop or Cata versions quickly died except for a few well scripted ones like Tauri wow

many had anywhere from 1-9000 people, but warmane for sure fudges their population numbers

5 Likes

How many of those were Warmane-related?

I think that’s sort of the problem; it’s not Wrath itself that they really want, it’s the way their lives were when Wrath was live content. I mean, the Carbot video about how it’s changed since the original release showcases some seriously raw emotion about how the game’s less about making new friends in a fun activity and more about Blizz squeezing every penny they can out of us in every way they can, but that’s not really part of the “give us Wrath servers pls” argument, as far as I’ve seen.

…Blizz literally said during BlizzCon that one of the upcoming Retail expansions involves Northrend.

As opposed to how many people that played through Cata?

…Except once Hardcore came out, when a ton of people starting playing it again and didn’t have the “optimize the fun out of the game” chuckleheads ruining the game for everyone else.

2 Likes

You’d have to link some data for me to believe you and I’ve looked and there isn’t any. But again even if your numbers were correct it doesn’t matter because they aren’t here. Try reading this again and use your brain to understand it.

1 Like

Well people want to play Wrath without all the changes, BS, boosts, etc. and yes part of it is nostalgia, but a big factor is the sweaty tryhards sucking the joy out of a 15 year old video game

2 Likes

Most fun my buddies and I had was when we played wrath before they implemented the random dungeon finder. Killed any sense of community right then and there…

3 Likes

Most fun my buddies and I had was when we played wrath after they implemented the random dungeon finder. We were able to do 5 times as many dungeons after than before it was added.

1 Like

Which is my point, if you even attempted to read my posts.

Hey

Some dude was spamming this change/org petition in every thread and all over reddit.

Whole 600 signatures in 3 months :rofl:

Here. I will even post it as a free ad.

https://www.change.org/p/the-player-feedback-wrath-of-the-lich-king-era-servers?recruiter=14040600&recruited_by_id=95f06d40-ca1b-012f-9c1c-4040d2fbfbbf&utm_source=share_petition&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_medium=copylink

2 Likes

Yes those are: Fey, yehmi, flame, and bloom. I mean those are the 4 people you mean.

Though they do like brown nosing blizzard and each other there is an outcry such posts like the one for kingslayers a level 80 twink guild refusing to accept the bad ending that is cata, another said and I guote ‘real wrath players will freeze there exp at level 80’, another about being a post which linked a change-org petition which had been getting about 45 people a day before the person posting it mysteriously stopped posting after a point and had his forum posts removed, and the first post asking for wrath era which had likes in the thousands.

All got deleted after blizzard changed its ‘terms’ ‘of’ ‘service’ to make ‘petition’ posts against the terms of service. Which is stupid as asking for popular things like: rank reform, rdf, and popular but bad things like same faction bg all started on the forum and informing problem, posting about possible ways to improve the game, or posting your love of wrath can be seen as petitioning for it, the rules are vague sort of like how the original cata survey was vague with all the parts of wow cata separated and people not given the option to rank or compare it to other expansions.

So no there is outcry but cata like communism can’t succeed with competition.

6 Likes

You know you can continue to manually form your groups, right?

And the community died well before RDF was included in Wrath Classic.

3 Likes

Was there even a question on the surveys they sent out for wrath era?

All I remember was classic+ and cata questions

2 Likes

No, they never asked about Wrath Era. The closest they came was a possible Seasonal server set in Wrath.

Are people still playing it?

Honestly, I enjoyed it for a while, but it lost me along the way and crossed into whatever it is that I consider to be Retail, so…

:woman_shrugging:

I don’t think fans are playing because they know their characters are going to cata

3 Likes

I was looking forward to Cata before they introduced RDF and Account-Wide Mounts/Achievements/Heirlooms, etc. For whatever reason that was the line I didn’t want to cross… as it turns out.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

what’s creepy is how fast they automatically post after any new thread is made & post contrarian arguments, maybe supported by blizz or paid to watch the forums- truly sad

8 Likes

I just wanna experience Cataclysm, can’t really experience it in retail as you can just solo everything. I want to experience it as the current raid tiers.

3 Likes

I don’t care either way about wrath era or any other variation as long as there’s progression servers I am happy.

That being said necro bumping, spamming, and forum petitions have always been against the CoC afaik. Now I fully support discussions about all things wow but can’t stand seeing endless threads being spammed and/or necroed even if I agree with them. Petitions I personally don’t mind (although they are still against the CoC) as long as they don’t get spammed.

As for them being paid shills… maybe, but most likely not as why would they pay for something that they can get for free. I mean some people just like to argue for the sake of it and others just have well contrairan personalities.

1 Like

This is just one more example of just how out of touch with reality so many people are on the internet. The internet has given everyone a place to publish their thoughts and the most interesting thing we’ve learned is how many incredibly stupid people there are out there engaging in the most ridiculous conspiracy theories.

1 Like