Why isn't sylvanas allowed to die?

Right whatever you say buddy ha

I have actual interviews to back it up unlike you.

is it the one interview from before the xpac even dropped lol from the guy who hardly worked on shadowlands? and quit blizzard a few months before the burning reveal

source?

Why does it matter, you said that Blizzard said X. I said that Blizzard actually said Y and now you’re saying that it doesn’t count?

well if you really want it to count you could post it lol

still not gonna change the fact that alex said she is evil lol! and that steve said everyone is gonna change her mind about her after someone asked if sylvanas was gonna be redeemed

Travis: Because Sylvanas is not evil. […] is she acting in a cruel, mustache-twirling evil way? Not really, she’s just trying to defend her people.

That’s what they said after Teldrassil.

No he didn’t.

Nope, Steve said that those that believe that Sylvanas is evil will change their minds, and that others will just keep believing what they want to be true. Sounds like redemption to me.

1 Like

hahaha

It will give some new perspective on the decisions she made not only in Battle for Azeroth, but that she’s been making her whole life - and so it’ll provide some additional framing

I don’t think it’s as simple as saying will she or won’t she be redeemed? I think we will learn more things about her, and a lot of people might change their point of view on some of how they see her. Some people won’t, because they’ve already decided what they think, or what they want to be true, but our job as storytellers is to continue to evolve these characters and show new sides of them - and that’s something I’m very pleased with what we’re doing in Shadowlands. So it’ll definitely give fans of Syvanas is more things to think about , and that was one of the goals we set out to do.

So pretty early on in the course of Shadowlands, you will reach a point where Sylvanas frankly says, “No more masks. I’m going to tell you what I want, why I’m doing this.” She has some very frank conversations with one of our major characters in game that I think players will find illuminating.

level 10s showing they know NOTHING about the story

Yea, it will give fans of Sylvanas (who are currently worried about Sylvanas being evil) to think that she has all been doing it for a greater good.

The rest of the interview doesn’t prove you right either, and all the other interviews said that Sylvanas is either:

1. not evil
  2. won’t die
  3. won’t be a raid boss

So you’re certainly not making any argument here

You are Dense AF.

Slyvanas has outright said she doesn’t care about the Forsaken AT ALL.

They are only a Meatshield to keep her out of the Maw. Hell at the first opportunity to cast them aside she did.

She literally saw her “people” as at beast a tool.

The Blight has always been bad and hated by everyone except genocidal undead monsters, lead by Adolf Windrunner.

4 Likes

Oh and Katiera don’t you know.

When Blizzard says something it only counts if it benefits Horde, otherwise they willfully ignore it.

Who cares when she’s being set up for redemption and reunion with the Horde according to interviews?

You’re calling me dense when I just quoted blizz

Proving my point.

Horde Fanboys only care about Lore and Facts when it supports there PoV otherwise its just guessing right?

1 Like

You can hold out hope for a Redemption Arc…but remember they said Garrosh wasn’t going to be a raid boss either, it just took an extra expac.

1 Like

They never said that Garrosh won’t be a raid boss or that Garrosh wasn’t evil.

Sylvanas is one of the most annoying and obnoxious mary sues in all of wow lore, but that doesn’t change anything about what the writers said about her, and that she’s going to be redeemed later on.

The Writers say alot of things kid.

They also said we’d have multiple warfronts instead of just Two, and that in Wraith we would get Aerial Combat, and that BFA’s story was going to be a compelling faction on faction war with shades of Gray.

Instead we got Lich Queen 2.0.

She’ll be a loot chest in no time wait and see.

1 Like

Times change.

Blizzard changes their direction and idea constandly based on reaction and participation.

Garrosh is one example: There is an interview where a dev explained there was at the beginning of Cata a misscommunication between 2 fronts at blizzard where one wanted garrosh to be a hero and one a villian.

That led to teh two contradicting faces of garrosh at the beginning, where he punished that orc for bombing a school and then later bombing a city.

Same has probably happened with Sylvanas. Where she was meant at the start of egion to be a hero to the horde and later they decided for her to be a villian.

Warfronts were also datamined in Silvermoon and Barrens, but they were scrapped as BFA probably got the WoD treatment due to its highly unpopularity.

We might see these Warfronts return in 9.1 or 9.2 since there seem to be a side story path building up with Turalyon on the throne looking into old alliance territories and we have our best peace diplomat on the NE end: Maiev.

1 Like

Nope, that’s not going to happen

Keep dreaming.

This, exactly. People cling to Blizzard quotes to shield their faves or the story direction they want to see, when other quotes from the very same interviews have shown themselves to be blatant lies.

Blizzard says whatever it thinks will generate the most interest at any one moment. Their statements honestly do not matter as they so often do not reflect what they actually implement.

No, they said it before Teldrassil. That interview was from April 2018, and Warbringers: Sylvanas dropped at the end of July.

3 Likes

True, but at that point didn’t everyone already (correctly) surmise that Sylvanas burned Teldrassil?

:cactus: