Why isn't layering gone?

“Before Phase 2”

“Before phase 2”
https : // www .twitch. tv/esfandtv /clip / TastyAgileBatDoubleRainbow

You dont understand what layering does if that is what you think. To allow 5x more people per server, there needs to be 5 layers. If they collapse it to one layer they will need to reduce max concurrent logins to compensate or else the servers will be overloaded.

2 Likes

Well they need to drop the amount of layers. Does anyone have a clue how many there are? The world feels dead! I only ever see a handful of people and its ridiculous.
If each server cap is 20k players then we only need 2 maybe 3 layers. Pservers - no layers with 5k+ players on pretty much at all times. I can tell you its a night and day difference from this crap, the world was littered with people and it was awesome.

The game looks like a single player version of the game at the moment. Ive been playing at all hours of the day for this past week as well.

Oh you’re on my server…Cheers :sunglasses:

Tin. Foil. Hat.

Nothing to see here …

Starting at 5:20. First few weeks.

He says it. His lips are moving and everything.

2 Likes

That’s what I saw too in the interview “A few weeks”

People are getting bored and leaving, the population is much lower now than it was a month ago. I predict towards the end of October, we’ll be down to one layer on each realm.

“very rare” top keks trollbro

I wish that was true, but all servers (except 4) were High or Full just last night

1 Like

no the person you invite comes to your layer

Found your mistake.

Phase 2 does not mean “first two weeks”.

A ton of us have been saying that since they first mentioned layering, but here we are. XD

They thought it would be a short time before layering dropped because they massively underestimated how many wanted to play.

Just to annoy you. Yes, you, personally. I have a copy of the Super Secret Player-of-the-Month-to-Annoy memo.

No idea why you people keep posting old and out dated information…when the actual devs who worked on classic literatally stated in the reddit ama that layering will be gone by phase 2…

also first few weeks to a gaming company could be 8 to 12 weeks. He said few. Not two. Huge difference.

*Before phase 2

Blizzard hasn’t announced when phase 2 will be

if in second phase there is a realm with over population
that will make the realm unstable and the solution is put queues (reduce the number of simultaneous players)

How else would they hide the MASSIVE faction imbalances. Most alliance players are still leveling on pvp servers.