Why isn't layering gone?

I didn’t say layering was a good thing. I just said it wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t easy to abuse.

Thanks for sharing a video from May, as a reply to my video from a few days before launch. :wink:

I wonder which would be more accurate?

Or just maybe, the goal of when to remove layering changed, between May and a few days before launch? Thus the reason for two very different answers.

its almost as if Bliz devs know more than the players?

Please remove layering!

whats the point of being a dick and killing a civilian if you can just hop into another layer? It breaks world immersion.

“OGR is under attack!”

“where?” Whats the point of defending it? It wont inconvenience you in any way if you’re not on the same layer. Its pointless.

1 Like

‘before phase 2’ is the only thing i’ve heard then again the only post i’ve heard it mentioned in is this one

so i don’t know much about it.

1 Like

because if you disregard the city issues it’s an exceptional system

Which means you can’t rely on anything they say. They could drop phase 2 and say they won’t remove layering until phase 4. And that would be fine with you because they moved the goal posts. So how can we as customers make decisions to continue playing or play in the first place based on the information they feed us? We can’t. And that’s the entire point.

This is what Blizzard does. Any normal person recognizes this as breaking promises, lying, and being unreliable.

Btw, saying layering would be removed in the first few weeks and saying layering would be removed before phase 2 don’t contradict each other. But if layering isn’t removed in the first few weeks then that makes the first statement untrue.

1 Like

Its why I am reluctant to roll a second toon. The game is very buggy and has issues but I am confident enough on my main to keep playing. But since phase 1 progress is limited I am trying to create an alt while I still can do that without losing out much on my main.

Its just that naggin voice in my mind reminding me that layering has yet to be removed. I just do not trust them to do it and if the census is correct (on wowhead) im not sure their terrible servers can handle 70k players on a single non layered server. Not to mention that the game wasnt designed around that number with only one world. And ye, keeping layering in would def. kill this game for me. No point in playing classic if layering is kept alive.

Yep. The servers can’t handle that many people so players would be sitting in queue perhaps indefinitely.

I’m pretty sure they’re either going to keep layering past phase 2 or delay phase 2 for many, many months. Either way it’s a deal breaker for me.

Again queue has nothing to do with layering, unless they artificially introduce it to keep the current “layered” status as is. The point is that they wanted to create a launch where everyone could play without mob tagging and forming lines to kill one mob. Welp, multiple non layered servers would have accomplished that too without ruining/allowing exploits on economies. All they had to do was say: we gonna merge most of the servers xyz weeks in once the player base drops. But no, we got layering and all its quirky uncertain rules.

Im already looking forward to the day when they announce: Ph2 is out and layering is gone and 3 hours later some guy on twitch posts a video where he layers infront of the camera.

Because literally everything you just posted is not true…

I just started a new 3 box and got them to 10 over the weekend… people everywhere at low levels.

My first 3 box is not 17… people everywhere in Crossroads…

My first dual box is now 45 and there are people everywhere in Fearals and Tanaris…

Add to that there is a constant spam for people wanting to do ST/LBRS/UBRS etc… there are people EVERYWHERE at all levels…

Give me a break with this crap… every other day you chicken littles post this crap.

I think layering does tie in with ques. Think of it like entering a stadium, how long would the que be if there was only one entrance instead of multiple entrances?

Agree, I feel people are just echoing what others have said or had one bad experience or just don’t understand the game would be straight up unplayable without layering.

2 Likes

Honestly, I still don’t get why layering had to be a thing anyway. Sure, huge mass of players day/week 1… but this is 2019, NOT 2004, hardware is better and Blizzars has been working with this game for 15 years. How the hell do they NOT achieve servers that can handle the loads of players?

1 Like

My favourite is when I’m trying to get a free enchant to help out some guy level his enchanting and I cant because even though I invited him he is a part of a different layer. this stuff is disgusting and the fact that it was brought into a “vanilla experience” is appalling.

Ya… because having 20k people standing around a quest hub not being able to complete it because you have to wait 10 mins to get a free enchant is a better idea right?

Come on man…

It is the better idea momentarily .
eventually people will hit 60 and quit the game after the old leveling experience crew dies off.
then there will be people who want to play classic pvp or classic raid spam and they don’t need fricken layers.

I agree with you… but there might be 1-2% of the entire pop that is 60 and ready for layers to go away…

That is the point of the discussion… trying to pretend the entire player base is 60 and ready to stop questing is funny at best.

1 Like

But it doesn’t bother me or lots of people if we have to fight against 25,000 people for a single spawn.
I think its a giant miss on blizzards behalf

No it doesn’t. But if they were to remove layering they would have to greatly reduce the number of players allowed on at one time. They would have to have a login queue.

And you’re right, this was the most idiotic way to launch Classic. Server mergers would have been far better.

1 Like