Why isn't it the Council of Four Hammers?

Why they gotta disrespect the Frost Dwarves like that?

2 Likes

How dare they, trying to ice them out like that!

3 Likes

Why should it include a clan that didn’t want to join them? The Forstborn never left Northrend.

4 Likes

Even under the assumption they joined Muradin is still their leader so it would still be 3 Hammers because Muradin would represent both(and I assume the Alliance has cordial relationships with them)

3 Likes

Not to mention the Iron Dwarves and the Stone Dwarves. Racist council, only likes flesh, smh

3 Likes

Can the Frost Dwarves leave Northrend and not… you know… melt?

1 Like

They aren’t literally made of ice. They just have blue skin.

If Dark Irons can leave their volcano lairs and not get hypothermia, then Frost Dwarves can leave Northrend.

1 Like

In my head-canon AU ideal WoW set up, Frost Dwarves and Frost Giants join the Dwarves/Alliance, and it does become the Council of Four Hammers (with Frost Dwarves/Giants serving as one hammer)

2 Likes

The council has no real purpose other than to undermine Ironforge and the Dwarves as a rival to Stormwind and the Wrynn’s stranglehold on the Alliance story.

To actually answer seriously: I think it’s got something to do with cultural and historical links between the three hammers that don’t exist with the Northrend Variants.

At one point or another, Wildhammers, Bronzebeards and Dark Irons were all dwarves of Ironforge. Through conflict, both civil and military, they split off and went their own directions… but they have a common ancestry, and have coexisted (for better or for worse) for a very long time.

Frost Dwarves and all the other less-fleshy Northrend dwarves do not share any of that culture or history, and thus are less likely to unite into a single nation that they really know little about.

That said I’d love to see the Frost Dwarves, and their time with Muradin, fleshed out a bit more!

2 Likes

Why would they leave Northrend to become part tenants of an already crowded kingdom when they have their own domain all to themselves?

Dark Irons still have their kingdoms tho

In an ideal world Grim Batol/Highlands are retaken by Wildhammer, so each Dwarven Kingdom has its own Mountain Kingdom

1 Like

For the honor and privilege of serving under the 18 year old “high king.” A benevolent ruler who knows what’s best for the lesser races.

4 Likes

Adventure? Why does anyone go anywhere?