Why is WW monk being left behind?

Wtf is up with blizzard and avoiding WW monk, I just saw that in next patch BW & MW are getting some changes.

Fury warrior is once again getting buffed !? holy smokes they were already insane strong and now another buff on top.
DH / Mages / DK / Warriors / Rogues rising on top and WW keep going downwards nice nice
I guess we are not playing the same game.

13 Likes

I mean from a pvp standpoint both brm and mw have pvp talents available to help them during stuns, but nothing for ww who are fundamentally no different from those two in terms of sitting in a stun.

We have two PVP talents that should be baseline and should get better options for ourselves to replace them going baseline like they should.

The touch of death pvp talent is worthless fluff.

Karma is a weak defensive in everything, pve and pvp.

5 Likes

WW is still extremely strong in mythic plus. And WW looks good in raids because of all the cleave and AOE opportunities there are, but it looks a lot bleaker when you focus on boss damage.

6 Likes

The difference between cleave/aoe fights and patchwerk is like night and day.

Even if you spec ST it’s not gonna affect anything.

2 Likes

As everyone gets more geared every season we start falling off AOE wise historically, because plenty of others also have AOE too but they don’t have to do nearly as much or use nearly as much to do the AOE.

Touch of death right now is propping up a lot of the monk AOE

2 Likes

I dont even spec ST anymore, the AOE builds are pretty much doing the same amount as ST specs sadly. I’ve left monk because of the tiger palm dash, idk if ill go back till somethings done

3 Likes

You know you can just not take the sky talent and you won’t dash anymore?
The 5% crit every 30 seconds isn’t even that much of a dps increase.

4 Likes

We are not playing the same game for me “Sky talent” gives 50% inc crit chance for 6secs on a 1 min cd on the same mob, that crit enchance is HUGE !!!

5 Likes

Then why are you trying to dumb down a ability that requires thinking and skill?

This kind of thought process is the reason why we got the crappy SEF that we got now from the much superior version we use to have

Where in my post did you see me talk about Sky talent or even SEF ?
Wtf you talking about ?
I even want them to buff WW atm hence my post …

Tell me you skimmed over my words without saying you did

1 Like

apparently you dont play much then, that 50% is massive…

1 Like

What ability requires thinking and skill? the dash? There’s no thinking an skill involved in a troll ability lol

If you say so, I’ve done some very interesting things with it to avoid all sorts of things

1 Like

They have never got the scaling right on any ability for monks ever, monks dps is always buffed by some % each patch cause they dont feel like giving their abilities more scaling from attack power. There is absolutely no reason that we should only get like 500 dps from equiping a 418 weapon vs a 395, but that is just how this class is.

It’s because of our mastery holding us back honestly

1 Like

You obviously don’t play that often or understand math.

Skyreach is not an additive 50% crit. Other wise if you had 20% crit and you would hit tiger palm and go to 70% crit. Which it does not do! And if it did that then it would be broken op levels.

Its a multiplicative of 50% by total crit. So if you have 20% crit and you hit tiger palm it goes up to 30% crit for 6 seconds every 1 min or every 30 seconds if you switch targets (internal hard cooldown). So my minor increase averaging a additive 5% crit every 30seconds still stands.

So math harder and reply less. Maybe even learn the class your trying to bash.

It is additive… What are you on about?!? Are you looking at pvp? In pvp its scaled down to 30% so maybe you’re looking at that I do not know but its 110% additive

It also has no internal cd what?! Sir I’d like to know what talent you’re talking about cause its not skyreach lol

1 Like

Tell me you skipped math class without saying you skipped math class… Or can’t even open your charter sheet and hit a target dummy to see how a talent actually works.

Anyway if I’ve learn anything on these forums it is that incorrect people on the internet will fight to the death on their incorrect theories without ever spending 5mins in game hitting a dummy to see they are wrong… So enjoy being wrong I guess.

I hope your game time is amazing.

In the end if you can’t manage the blitz aspect of the Skyreach then don’t take the talent. Over all it’s not a game breaking OP talent everyone is making it out to be. In fact over looked talent “transfer of power” adds way to your dps then skyreach ever would.

The insults are really unneeded but ok.

You’re more than welcome to ask anyone including the people who know the ins and outs of WW monk over in discord pal, They’ll tell you the same thing. It does for a fact increase your crit by 50% additive, This however does not appear in on your character page where your stats are as its a debuff on the enemies not a personal buff. You must have something else triggering that’s giving you crit.

But you do you champ, You seem to think you know better than the entire WW monk discord :slight_smile:

1 Like