Why is WoW turning into a Korean MMO?

Grind for the sake of grinding. Sorry if you wanted to login and just play the content you like. Get to grinding if you want to stay relevant. Gotta pump up those logged on times to impress share holders.

124 Likes

I just log in and play the content I like for the most.

42 Likes

Have you tried Classic? It’s also pretty grindy.

18 Likes

Patch 8.3 introduces THREE grinds.

That is crazy.

19 Likes

Raids and dungeons are expensive to make. Should stop making that content ?

4 Likes

i presume they see more profit from the pay-by-the-hour model on the Chinese Client, perhaps?

8 Likes

Can you rephrase that, but in a manner that’s coherent?

4 Likes

New government laws there will restrict players that are underage to certain time limits.

Basically Blizz needs to shift its focus back to the western market IMO.

12 Likes

It costs money to make content. Is that simple enough ?

2 Likes

They are in business to make money.

3 Likes

Last KMMO i played, took about 6ish hours to get a single level. Was probably 3 years back. Also had a rep grind yhat was estimated to take 2 years to grind out, or pay a small fee of $69.99 and fill 25% of your rep each payment.

3 Likes

That would require having fun again.

Fun Police won’t have that.

22 Likes

The problem with triple grinds in a single patch is that you are pulling players in multiple directions and making them feel they can not participate in what they find fun in endgame.

AP grind, cloak grind, and essence grind is going to force a lot of players to do things outside of their comfort zone for endgame while eating away at most of their time for their preferred form of endgame content.

In the past the majority of game time spent by most players was doing their preferred endgame content. BFA patch 8.3 upends that and forces players to do the majority of their play time sessions in content that is NOT relevant to their preferred endgame content.

My opinion? Disaster.

Just watch and see how it unfolds this Tuesday.

40 Likes

It’s introducing a lot of systems that I’ve felt feel like Korean MMOs except without the gorgeous graphics, gear, and combat that make those games fun for at least a while. Blizz better wake up. These things aren’t what made WoW great.

23 Likes

Because it’s a lazy design. Recycling same constant with constant grind is no fun. Not looking forward for 8.3 tbh

16 Likes

At least the Korean grinders did not do hard gear resets every six months. AT least those Korean grinders also had lasting value in what you invested time doing or accomplishing.

Blizz is taking all the bad aspects of Korean grinders while not even considering all the positive aspects.

14 Likes

Even today I can log into BDO a year later if I really wanted to and trash things with my high-geared ninja.

When BDO is doing something right that WoW is failing to do, that’s a problem.

18 Likes

The only way for WoW to turn into a Korean MMO is if Blizzard moves their HQ to Korea.

Being grindy doesn’t make it Korean, just like eating Mexican food won’t make you Mexican.

17 Likes

Maybe they should move HQ there because the Korean BBQ is delicious. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Might as well complain about platforming in a Mario game. Grinding is super central to MMOs.

4 Likes