Why is this unobtainium?

[Ensemble: Elite Cruel Gladiator’s Satin Armor]

Says I needed to have a 2000+ bg rating during Legion season 3 or 4…

Too bad for me that I can’t ever have the transmog that I want QQ!!

1 Like

Elite sets are rewards for that getting high rating during that PVP season. And while I think it Blizzard shouldn’t do limited time rewards - that is the philosophy they’ve taken for this case.

2 Likes

It would be nice if they’d allow them to be purchased if you get the required rating in current season and pay both marks and gold or something to get the old ones.

What’s with you guys? EARN them when they are current.

kinda hard to earn them when the expansion you join is long after that is over

3 Likes

That’s a you problem then no?

Here’s the thing about earning anything in a video game… it doesn’t mean anything at all in the scope of how impermanent someones account is, or if someone stops playing entirely, then it means nothing anyway.

Exclusivity of cosmetics is completely trivial. All pvp sets should be purchasable for honor marks, or by earning a significant amount of conquest points, for people who do not want to do Arena / Rated PVP, but still do a lot of PvP in BG’s or World PvP.

I don’t like anything that’s exclusive to the competitive scene, but I also think there could be better rewards for competitive “e-sports” side of the game.

3 Likes

Well they do get those glads mount , even its counterpart is farmable at a very low drop% after that expansion is over . Wouldnt touch glad mounts but would like to see xmog come back for everyone …

Jeez man, are you always obnoxious?

2 Likes

just get the gear when its current

Absolutely not.

1 Like

Personally I feel that elite pvp sets should always be available to those who meet the rating requirement regardless of season. If pve players can always go back and farm old mythic raid sets, pvp players should be able to buy old elite sets if they have a high enough rating in the current season. But that’s just my opinion.

4 Likes

Not to necro here.

I think the ELITE PVP sets should be available to people who complete enough conquest weekly quests. I went 100 pvp ranks this expansion and have accumulated many weekly PVP conquest completions, and quite frankly am disgusted that PVE gear that is higher than my grinded out PVP set can outperform and out levels what I can get doing regular PVP.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but you can’t get it if you’re a new player and the content is older. Do you honestly think new players shouldn’t be able to have fun too?

Now you’re just being melodramatic, just because a new player can’t get a limited time set doesn’t mean they’re unable to have fun.

These Elite 2k rating sets have always been limited time, that’s the appeal of them. They would anger a lot of people if they were unlockable again. OP isn’t even max level and hasn’t done a single arena, even if they were obtainable still I doubt they would get to 2k anytime soon.