Why is there no outcry against the real cheaters?

AFK’ers and Botters are the real cheaters.

• Yet there are no threads decrying them.
  • Many people make excuses for them - Oh they just got demoralized.
  • Blizzard has done next to nothing to eliminate them.

A very large part of the appeal of the organized pug/premades was the desire to greatly reduce the number of cheaters on your team.

It was the only effective method for getting rid of them.

(and don’t tell me how unfair it was because Horde couldn’t premade - Some Horde, who ignored the naysayers, found a better way to do it than the Alliance did. Same for “some” Alliance. As long was you were willing to actively function, there were premades for everyone.)

Now there is nothing that effectively reduces the number of them on a team - and they are growing.

Why is there NO outcry against these REAL cheaters? Why are there no demands to have this fixed?

6 Likes

I was waiting on the Darkmoon QQ. I guess I will wait an hour.

Sadly, bots and AFKers have always existed and nothing is ever done about them no matter how much we begged Blizzard. I think people gave up on that battle long ago.

Besides, I heard Blizzard no longer does perma bans…so there really is no consequences for their actions.

2 Likes

I think most of that is contained to the announcement thread for DMF.

And OP, there are threads complaining about this. It just gets drowned out by the premade threads.

1 Like

Or they don’t notice it’s first month is in mulgore. Lol

Give sometime and will happen.

Oh they noticed, the crying is just contained within that thread. I’m sure it’ll spread and start spawning new threads arguing about faction bias soon enough. At least we have a new flavor of stupid to witness people argue over.

1 Like

Usually there are but they get a " thats what you get for premading"

This literally never happens. AFK’ers are universally despised. If you ever come across someone sticking up for an AFK’er, you can be sure it’s a horde player enjoying all the afk alliance.

You mean the spammed thread complaining about this very issue?

How exactly do you farm the epic trinkets in vanilla ? I never did darkmoon faire stuff in vanilla I was a giant noob then.

So we all agree that Blizzard has been either unwilling or unable to fix the problem of the afk/botters.

It’s good to have some common ground at the beginning of a discussion. Hopefully we can build on this. One thing I think it’s important to clarify, when I say AFKer, I do not mean someone who had to temporarily disappear due to some rl demand - pot boiling over on the stove, bathroom break, neighbor at the door etc. I’m talking about someone who joins a bg intending to not help their team, but simply to soak up benefits of other people’s efforts.

Organized pugs (“premades”) are a player created solution to deal with the problem. We probably can not eliminate them (the afkers bots) completely.

But players who are affected by bots or afkers have a much greater incentive to get rid of them than Blizzard has demonstrated.

I can acknowledge that the method of premading that Horde developed was superior to the original method that Alliance created. The Alliance method popped too many underpopulated bg’s, that due to a coding error on Blizzard’s part were allowed to start with too few Alliance players. The Horde method did not do this. The alliance method was wiped out with the first round of “fixes”. But last week, the Horde method still worked. This week, the Horde method has also been “fixed” out.

So now we have lost the only effective tool for dealing with afker/bots that we had.

We are a creative bunch. Can we come up with another method to control these cheaters? Would a forum outcry equal in size to the outcry against premades have any effect?

Serious question - does anyone have any ideas that can help reduce this problem?

Uhh… you sure about that?

I think that’s the one thing this forum can agree on, although I don’t think there are any solutions that are in our hands other than constantly complaining about it until something is done. I’m not sure that’ll actually get results, but it’s really the only power the players have outside of unsubbing.

The number is minuscule compared to the number of threads ranting about premades. So they become invisible.

To be fair blizzard has come a long way in closing the loop holes that cheaters use but for everyone they close ppl always find new ones.

…everyone knows bots are allowed. They pay a sub. Activision-Blizzard gets a pay check just for allowing them to do what they want to do.
Consider it a rule that you arent allowed to bot, but there is no policing force that actually stops them. At this point if you pay a sub, blizzard wont ever harm you. They need your money.

I thought this was a pretty funny idea to address the problem.

Yet there are no threads decrying them

Probably cause blizzard won’t do anything about bot’s I’ve seen the same lv. 1 log on every hour for the past month to post on the AH

Because there’s rules about naming and shaming.

I haven’t played for a long, long time. So I’m not familiar with this rule. Do I need to remove the video because it gives a botter’s name?