Why is there even a closed beta for cata

Seriously just let us in. What’s the big deal?

3 Likes

it’s to test it out before letting you in so you don’t complain about lack of quality control later.

6 Likes

You think there won’t be a lack of quality control later? :wink:

17 Likes

I cant like your post enough times Zaalg!!

They may as well not even have beta tests. They won’t fix most of the reported issues. Others will get fixed a year later, post launch, with them acting surprised about it, even though players reported it prior to launch, and everyone knew about it.

6 Likes

Exactly. How many things were reported in the TBC, and WoTLK betas that went live? Tons!

2 Likes

It will effectively be running on a new framework from when it was released, so testing is a good thing to do even if its a rerelease of an old game.

1 Like

Pretty much this; they’re changing from the internals of the Shadowlands client over to Dragonflight, hence why the current AH in DF is going to be coming to Cata…which while the neutrals are likely getting nuked in the process, that only matters if you can’t send mail cross-faction, something else that Retail did manage to unbork.

1 Like

I really really want you to be making this up…

2 Likes

ikr hopium

From the Cata page on WoW’s own site: “An updated Auction House system arrives to provide a streamlined experience for those looking to buy and sell the latest and greatest supplies and gear.”

1 Like

Will have to see what pops up on the Beta, this early in and it’s not changed outside of the building itself.

I really dislike the DF AH system but will adapt if I have to.

1 Like

I find it alright, since I’m mostly looking for crafting materials and that’s wildly different with that interface. Equipment probably sucks more to find what you want, though. :confused:

2 Likes

same reason most people do a closed beta. They aren’t stress testing the servers, they want to control the flow.

Im in the beta rn and not sure if you are aware but you start at level 1. So if you’re hoping to copy your wotlk char over, think again.

Got invited to beta this morning so check your launcher OP.

1 Like

Theres a serious lack of shamans on the beta, i hope you get in. I made a Dwarf Shaman, so sick.

1 Like

Made a troll sham, myself. I see the new lightning bolt animation is in. Guess I’d forgotten that was Cata.

I actually prefer the old LB animation tbh. But its not too bad.

1 Like

It’s fine. I do remember at some point they changed the Chain Lightning animation and that was awful. People hated it and they reverted it later on. Not sure exactly when that was. Hopefully it’s not in Cata.