Why is the Shadowlands Campaign skip removed?

Sounds reliable. If they had a character already in threads prior to DF release I think they may have stayed in it.

Sure it might not be 100% reliable, but they did make the distinction that the character is new, and only made it to 60 right now.

Perhaps they dinged to 60 last week when Threads was still available? I don’t know.

Regardless removing threads of fate shouldn’t have removed the skip. The skip for the campaigns should have stayed.

I’ve already completed this subpar story several times over…:sob:

I suppose the good news is that if you hate it that badly, you can level elsewhere. No need to torture yourself.

Again this has nothing to do with leveling…

I want to skip the campaign, so I can access Zereth Mortis. I’m already 70 on this character.

1 Like

I don’t know. I don’t have a way to test that since all my other characters that are 60 or higher had already played through the SL expansion.

Have you talked to Fatescribe Roh-Tahl in Oribos on your 70? On one of my new 60’s he ran up to me just like he used to in SL. On my other 60 I had to seek him out in Oribos.

1 Like

At 50 he didn’t run up to me to offer it, at 60 I dinged and went to Dragonisles without checking (thinking it will be still there). At 70 Fatescribe has no skip when you walk up to him yourself. Only in questlong is the option to keep doing the campaign.

1 Like

It is not removed there are skips,.

1 Like

It’s the same with farming rares that require a specific covenant. It’s embarrassing, really. I can’t kill hopecrusher on my level 70 hunter alt because they’re not the revendreth covenant. Why the F is it not skippable is beyond me. There’s no excuse for the stupidity.

Because you did not do campaign with them simple as that.
IF you did campaign once you can change covenant to them.

1 Like

It’s so iconic that even after Shadowlands has ended, this sentiment still remains lmao

1 Like

Ye imagine playing the game If you have 0 interest and want rewards handed to you guess what go play some very monetized game where you can just exist and throw money on it to get rewards.

1 Like

Hell I’d be willing to redo the covenant campaigns to get the different armor sets per armor tier, like I only have the leather ones and I’d blitz through the covenant campaigns to get the cloth ones. But if I gotta do all 4 leveling zones first and effectively get loremaster to even unlock my covenant choice again, despite having covenants on 3 other characters, idk its a tall ask for some mogs

1 Like

For reference the issue is new characters. My monk and other classes I played in SL have covenants because I did threads back when the skip existed, my mage that I started in DF, cannot pick a covenant without first doing the entire leveling story progression as if its my first character there.

duel me

Why is nobody reading what I wrote?

I have completed the entire campaign SEVERAL times mate. On SEVERAL characters. I shouldn’t need to do it again.

Then where is it? I cannot access it, where I could before DF? Why not?

1 Like

I just tried it on a level 53 character, and there was no skip available. Sadly I dont have any level 60s that didn’t start Shadowlands while it was still current, so I have no way of verifying if a level 60 or 60+ can do the skip.

Some people have said that level 60s of theirs were able to do the skip recently, but it may be that it has become blocked to level 70s.

It seems that might be the case. Whatever the reason is, I agree with you that it is a ridiculous roadblock. Perhaps we need to start some sort of campaign ourselves, to get the option put in the game to permit level 70 characters be able to enter all the zones of the expansion without the need to complete the full campaign. If I recall correctly, it took only a few quests for character to be able to get to Argus after Legion was completed. Perhaps they could institute something similar for Shadowlands (if you have already done the appropriate campaign content previously on another character).

It isn’t that big an ask and it would allow more people to access those parts of the game and therefore make it a lot more active - and presumably Blizzard likes to see people in other parts of the game.

1 Like

just from doing kaufon, pet battle wq’s and some herbing, my DH went from 50-59, i did do some quests to open up the 3 alliance bfa zones to make sure i could access all the wq’s. when he was like 2 bars from 60, i did the maw skip and the tour boribos quests, hit 60 and it still wanted me to do the whole campaign… i didnt check for the guy as i figured he would just run up to me like back in SL. but all i wanted was to do SL WQ’s for pet stones if they came up, and couldnt do that.

terrible terrible system Blizz put in… terrible.

1 Like

Skip or no skip, why would anyone voluntarily go back to SL for any reason?

shutter

Can’t you just do the runs on a character already in ZM or do you need a different character and have to ekvek through it?

If this was true, all of our Evokers would be stuck doing SL. I was able to skip it just fine on my Evoker.

See above.

1 Like