Why is the Manuscript of Endless Possibility not account wide?

Title says it all. This is so ridiculous I’m almost sure it’s a bug.

5 Likes

That’s really a bummer. Really doesn’t make sense that it is not account wide. Hoping to be just a bug too.

1 Like

Why should it be? If I care how my mounts look on a character, why should I be forced into the random skins generated by another one?

Like… just get more than one?

It’s a skill you toggle. The way it should work is that you unlock it once and toggle it on/off on each character.

1 Like

Why should it be account wide? Because all other rewards for this limited time event are account wide? Transmogs and dragon glyphs. Sure, you could do it on multiple characters /now/, but what about later?

Oh, it’s also BoP so you can’t bank a stack of them and send them to alts later.

Kind of strange for it to not be account wide when basically everything else dragon riding related is

Maybe the dragon racing circuits will be regular events and it will be on offer each time, like Timewalking. It would make sense in that context. However, I’m too use to Blizzard offering nifty rewards for limited time events and then making them completely unavailable or absurdly difficult to obtain later.

Frankly, the “you snooze you lose” reward philosophy they’ve historically had really kills my enjoyment of the game sometimes. Wish they’d keep rewards like this available indefinitely, or at least on a repeating schedule.

FOMO just ruins stuff like this. Especially stuff you can only obtain per-character and not account wide.

I raised this issue a couple days ago and got no traction. For whatever reason, this is the one DR customisation that is not account wide and no one knows why.

They’ve announced that they will be changing this to a toy with a hotfix

2 Likes

Would be nice if we also get a refund of dragonriding coins if we bought the manuscript on multiple characters. Guess we’ll find out in about an hour.

There is a blue post that says they are in the process of converting this into an account wide toy.

The old development attitudes die hard.

Nothing about a refund of coins if you bought it on multiple accounts before they locked it out. could have saved those coins for future rewards or rep tokens. oh well.

At least I have 300 toys now and got the achievement mount on login. :sweat_smile:

Yeah they don’t typically do refunds. I made sure to only buy it on one character because I made the purchase after the announcement.

FYI, this is live now. All my characters have access to the toy.