Manuscript of Endless Possibilities is not unlocked account-wide

The new Manuscript of Endless Possibilities added with patch 10.2.5 and made available today with the beginning of the Outland Cup does not make the spell available account-wide. Naturally this should work like every other manuscript.

7 Likes

I noticed this when I finished today I figured it had to be a bug. I’m glad someone has started a thread on it. I don’t want to have to do this on all of my characters and I have many, with multiple accounts. It was hard enough to do it on one to get all the pieces of the outfit without taking Dramamine. I enjoy doing these races, but unfortunately I can get really sea sick if I’m not careful and look away or close my eyes so my brain doesn’t actually believe I’m really going that fast. I did other stuff in between and that seemed to help and I finally finished today. I do not want to have to do this again Blizzard please make it account wide. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello dragonriders!

We’ve heard your concerns about the Manuscript of Endless Possibilities and will be changing it into an account bound toy. While we get that change ready, the option to purchase the Manuscript of Endless Possibilities will be disabled in the next few hours once you’ve acquired it with one of your characters. Any character who has the Manuscript of Endless Possibilities purchased before our change will automatically be given the toy!

7 Likes

Awesome news! Thank you, Blizzard!

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t really like this item, because it cycles through the versions I don’t want. I’d rather be able to customize which ones I like, such as the mount favorite button; it uses what I have set to favorite.

I was hoping this item would cycle through the rare skins I’ve acquired, but so far, I just see basic randomized skins. I would love to go through the ones I farmed for such as Raz, Sark, and Fyr, plus AotC. I don’t really care about the others (well maybe the Infinite skins).

Still cool it’s a toy, but it could’ve been better.

I actually was tempted to post a bug report regarding the fact that full transformations aren’t included in the randomization. I may still do it, but I see it as likely intended right now since the math gets jankier trying to include them in the “random” without ending up picking one 60-75% of the time. I would much prefer a way to select favorites out of every option and be able to randomize among them as you suggested.

When is the change to an account-bound toy going into effect? I went to check the vendor this morning and it is still a BoP item. Do I need to purchase it first for it to become a toy?

2 Likes

Still available for purchase and still char locked…should never have been pushed live like this.

Yeah, I’m not sure what to think here? From the time of Linxy’s posting, the hotfix should have gone into effect hours ago…

This compels me to buy it and to think that it will convert over into a toy as well, but I haven’t tried it out yet lol

TLDR: It does not turn into an account bound toy after purchasing.

So, apparently the hotfix that was supposed to go live just ‘hours’ after the announcement was a lie? Because sorry but I got impatient now after a couple days of waiting, and just picked up the manuscript less than 10 minutes ago. Unfortunately it is character specific and does not convert to an account bound toy, even after logging onto and checking other characters of course.

The manuscript is a new toggle spell that goes into the Dragonriding options list. It is character specific only and does not convert to a toy even if you log on to other characters.

I’d suggest to anyone not to purchase the item yet and to hold off until it is turned into an actual collectible. Hopefully they fix it with Tuesday’s maintenance, or better yet sooner.

The initial communication is very much appreciated, but the item is still not working as described above.

1 Like

You have greatly misread Linxy’s post. The hotfix “in the next few hours” was only for disabling purchasing the Manuscript more than once on an account. The conversion to a toy has no ETA but I would imagine sometime in the next two weeks.

1 Like

That makes sense then. I never saw it disabled whenever I checked the vendor so wasn’t sure on if a hotfix ever even went through or not.

But that did not happen. I was able to buy it last night.

Sure, it’s possible they also didn’t apply that. It doesn’t show disabled on any of my alts. That wasn’t the claim made by the post I was replying to, however.

What are you even talking about? They stated they were going to remove it from being purchasable “In a few hours”, that did not happen. It’s still at this point purchasable leaving people even more annoyed about this nonsense while simultaneously NOT fixing it. This is pure incompetence.

The post I was originally replying to claimed that Blizzard said the toy would be added “within hours” and that wasn’t what was said. Literally all I was talking about.

1 Like

Maybe it will be fixed after reset tomorrow. I’m not sure what’s going on with it, I’m not really using it so I don’t care, but this was an error and needs to be fixed at some point.

1 Like

You didn’t disable it, I was able to purchase it and it was taught as a spell to my character Kithka

If you hadn’t yet purchased it on your account then you were still eligible.

Regardless, here’s the change which is going live tomorrow:

1 Like

Awesome, cant wait!