Why is the Deepcoral Pod still usable in WM?

So many people have complained about this. It’s impossible to kill a Warlock, Priest, Mage, Druid, or Hunter who is using this item if you’re Melee. At the VERY LEAST can you please for the love of God make slows affect it.

It’s so unfun and blatantly unfair.

2 Likes

Because hopping around and nuking people from orbit is A LOT of fun.

6 Likes

Is this where we ranged should say “git gud scrub”. Have some. Ranged classes have been dealing with mongo melee for far too long. This is something that gives us a fair shot at surviving an ambush in wpvp. I love jumping over your heads, disengaging and spraying you with arrows :smiley: It’s great fun.

11 Likes

Naturally when I pop a coral pod. I just start repeating the phrase

“Hop hop hop all day long. Hop hop hop while I sing this song”

blizzard can ban the deepcoral pod when balance things to be fair with range classes, until this item show in the game, range didnt have a chance agains a melee class, they just mongoloid dps me to dead, as a warlock couldnt do nothing about, now things have changed with the deepcoral pod.

IMO it should at least be canceled once you get hit with a melee attack. And then have some kind of CD.

If you have trouble with melee as a warlock your doing something wrong.

Lol. Playing melee doesn’t make you dumb. Wow caster have always been good. You aren’t a bigger brain player for choosing a caster. Sorry for the rant, but I’m so tried of this mentality. I get out played so the other player a mongo. I get that it is frustrating to lose. I am no stranger to getting saltly(you should see me when I arena against a good DH.) But must of my frustration is my own fault whether it be from poor use of my abilities, poor use of los or just down right playing bad. My point being blaming others is just a copout we use to pat our bruised ego’s.

1 Like

nope, melee are easy kills with my deepcoral pods, best item ever!.

If you need a deep coil pods to score a kill on a melee as a lock. Not to be mean but your doing some thing wrong. If I see you hoping around like a lunatic, I just walk away.

P.s. I’m not here to say they need nerf or taken away. Gimmick have been in wpvp since vanilla.

P.s.s. I just seen your affliction. You need to go farm more pods.

1 Like

you are wrong, you wouldnt have a chance if you face me with deepcoral, i mean is not that they dont trye to run, when they realize that arent winning this and they already almost dead they trye, it just that cant do it, since i jump into their way.

What melee are you struggling with as lock? Outside of rouge and maybe dh.

One person unfun is another persons fun

1 Like

Have you tried to fear ?

2 Likes

Exactly, that is why it is unbalanced and needs a nerf.

1 Like

I know you weren’t talking to me, but you’re on. I’ll fight you with you using the pods. I am always stocked up on pods to stun and slow casters that are using the pods themselves.

On a serious not, tho. Why do people think only casters/ranged can use the pods? (Honestly, that’s how you guys complaining about them are coming across). If you don’t like that they can keep a gap between the two of you, get yourself some pods You’d be able to keep up with them. I’ve had many a mages and locks try to hippity hop away, but since I use them as well, they don’t really have much of a chance to get away.

1 Like

Also, how are you, a 438 affliction lock having a hard time with melee without the pods?

1 Like

I still steamroll casters that are high on the deep coral bud. My thunderclap roots them and I also have charge, dragon charge and heroic leap

Because it’s fun, it’s WPvP and blizzard has stated anything goes. You can use any item, toy or gear to win in WPvP. So go get your self some pods and hop after them

1 Like

It’s WPvP, it’s not meant to be balanced. In blizzards words, anything goes. It’s always been like that and it should stay like that