Why is the Auction House disabled?

I just resubbed today to grind some gold for TBC Prep, but I went to the AH and noticed it was disabled. I haven’t played in months so I’m not up to date with what’s happening. Why did blizzard shut down the AH?

1 Like

WoW Classic Auction House to Temporarily Close on May 14 - WoW Classic / WoW Classic General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

5 Likes

They took it offline to let everything clear out before the character snapshot on Tuesday, and when you log in it is going to split people between Classic and TBC and funnel us to our respective servers.

It’s the first thread on this forum. Try reading before making a thread to ask questions that have already been answered.

2 Likes

Still wish they had done it Monday and not over the weekend. /:

1 Like

Sure he could of read the sticky post but no need to make passive aggressive comments about it.

3 Likes

There was nothing “passive aggressive” about that.

It’s basic forum etiquette. Asking questions that are in the pinned threads is just dumb.

It’s all about tone. instead of “Try reading before making a thread to ask questions that have already been answered”. Just answer the question then politely point out that there is a thread at the top that can be pursued for additional information. Like Mootwo did by posting a link to the other thread.

I couldn’t care less about your tone policing.

The question was already answered. There was no point in even making the thread. Try reading next time, OP.

oys try myob instead

In fairness, the pinned posts on this forum are messy - especially if you read them on your phone. There’s no way of telling which is the most recent post because they order according to activity, not relevance or chronological order.

If I go necro Netherea’s thread from February 2020, that will become the new “top” pinned thread.

The fact is still that the answer to this question is right there at the top in one of the pinned threads. Typically you use the search function before posting a question to avoid duplicates, but even that isn’t necessary when it’s in the pins…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/forum-guidelines-information/215/2

Important Reminders:
Search
The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming.

I agree that OP could and should have seen the pinned thread. Just defending him somewhat because it is pretty easy to miss information in the pinned threads as there are so many and they are in no discernible order.

Yeah, you’re technically right that OP could have read the sticky post. You’re also passive aggressive.

If your intention was to inform OP of the sticky post “the first sticky post here will answer your question” or something similar would have worked.

You very clearly decided that in addition to relaying this information it was very important that OP knew he was bad and should feel bad for not having read the sticky post.

You’re not wrong, just a dick.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t pick my words nicely enough for you. I’ll try harder. Just for you.

I’m not offended. Say whatever you want. I wouldn’t have said anything if you hadn’t attempted to deny that you were being passive aggressive. Like, c’mon dude. If you’re gonna be a dick at least own it.

2 Likes

It’s also basic forum etiquette to not keep going on and on about a complaint, and move along. Just saying.

1 Like

Who’s going on and on?

I do deny it, Mr. Tone Cop, sir.

Financial crisis hit the classic servers. All the mega banks filed for bankruptcy. We’re waiting for the paperwork to sort itself out.

Okay, good for you.