Why is TBC being discussed as if it's totally happening?

I think this pretty likely. I expect that the big announcement for WoW this weekend will be new Shadowlands content. TBC announcement with a upcoming betas and some detail about how it’s going to work.

TBC is definitely something they will wheel out when the sub numbers begin to drop.

I mean, you’re not even representing the survey accurately.

The survey specifically asked what our preference is in terms of how they should roll it out, it wasn’t just a generic “are you interested?” question.

Given this fact, it would seem kinda silly to suggest they aren’t planning to do TBC, if they’re asking us what way to launch it would make us the happiest.

2 Likes

Trashfire that is retail can’t be improved.

2 Likes

Because retail players are dropping like flies and releasing TBC is the only way to keep the sub numbers up.

No, this isn’t a troll. I’m serious.

6 Likes

they have 0 player retention.,

Quite a few of us want nothing whatsoever to do with retail, OR tbc.

3 Likes

I genuinely enjoy seeing us on the same page regarding a subject.

2 Likes

Companies forget what it takes to make great products. The product sensibility, the product genius that brought them to this monopolistic position is rotted out… The people running these companies [then] have no conception of a good product versus a bad product. They’ve got no conception of the craftsmanship that’s required to take a good idea and turn it into a good product. They really have no feeling in their heart about wanting to really help the customers.
-Steve job

4 Likes

This is a fact. I knew it was completely done after this last beta for SL. Many of us offered so much detail, so much information and data broken down for them to look at. Literally none of it was taken into consideration. NONE. They know what they are doing with the game. The design choices are purposeful.

1 Like

Do you have something against free money? Because that is what classic is for them.

Little investment. Huge return.

I like the stonk.

1 Like

You know what arrogance would be? Blizzard, make this game for me to play or I will just go to a private server and play it for free.

That would be arrogant. It would be stupid for them to not profit off their game.

You know what convinced me that TBC is happening? This

Resolved several issues with the Eye of the Dead trinket:

• Spells such as Chain Heal and Prayer of Healing now only consume a single charge.
  • Heal-Over-Time spells now properly consume a charge when used.

They are getting ahead of people abusing this in TBC because hots didn’t consume a charge.

1 Like

Lol

Do people really think that Classic was “little investment?” Do you know how much it actually costs Blizzard just to maintain Classic, let alone how much it costed them to have to develop Classic from the 1.12 client? $15 a month isn’t very much money, Classic’s playerbase isn’t even 500,000 players, Blizzard is barely making anything off of Classic compared to their other products.

There are actually people on this forum that think Classic and TBC is as easy as pushing a few buttons like how disconnected from reality can you possibly be :rofl:

I am no professional mather, but…7.5 million dollars a month should not be “scraping by” for classic. I am sorry but I think you are really downplaying how much worth classic brought to the game. Blizzard even acknowledged in their earning calls that classic drove their MAU’s.

1 Like

Who knows? I just hope some sort of information about it is released in Blizzconline. I have once again invested too much time into my characters to not be also invested in the future of their online presence.

1 Like

even a blind man could see that it’s gonna happen.

retail as a 10 days play value for 90% of player so basically any one who started to play is about to stop unless ( its there job)

Been playing classic WoW no stop for 2 years now. The crazy thing is that the player that i dont see any more didt quit. They transfer.

Shadow land value is 10 day value game and classic is never ending.

Blizzard doesn’t even mention classic at all in their quarterly earnings report. Blizzard maybe alludes to it at most but Classic is not appealing to shareholders, it has very little future growth potential and limited appeal. Classic is not something they’re trying to maximize profit off of and if they were they wouldn’t have started with such a low amount of servers.

Classic costs a quite a bit of money to maintain and $7.5 million is very little in today’s business world with inflation, especially to a company of Blizzard’s magnitude. Classic was not released to be a cash grab, and neither will TBC when/if it’s announced. Blizzard could’ve easily made people pay an up front cost for Classic like they did for WC3 Reforged, and they knew people would’ve paid it too but they chose not to.

could you imagine what it mean . IT MEAN THE GAME MADE 15 YEAR IS BETTER THAN WHAT YOU HAVB NOW THAT YOU ARE WRONG AND NOT U ALL OF THE BLIZZARD MARKETING THEY ALL WRONG.

I cannot imagine how bad i would feel if i was a head of blizzard. Just dont talk about it. put some nice ear buds in

God that would be so depressing.

I really
REALLY
REALLY hope that wouldn’t be the case.

1 Like