Why is rio viewed as toxic?

ill go in lfg and find a ton of groups that dont have ridiculous standards rn. also gotta love how the people against it never post on their main

which is why there are learning groups? Pugs have never cared about teaching randoms unless they are specifically listed as such. RIO doesnt change that. Again you didnt answer this

4 ppl apply.3 470s and 1 450. who do you take? it isnt “an unhealthy mindset” its just whats most logical. I dont care about friend’s experience, but a pug doesnt care about randoms who wont thank them and likely will never talk to them again. So why wouldnt i just skim through the applications and take the best people?

so take out all of the challenge, got it. When i did my first 15 i listed it as a completion group and put in desc “i dont care about timing”. Timing is just a bonus at the lower levels anyways. If you are trying to learn, do it with friends. Again pugs have never taught people unless they were specifically listed as such. That isnt an rio problem

1 Like

This is my main. I just have higher level alts.

It’s gives players a basis on which to behave in a toxic manner. It’s like posters on this board that are in a debate with someone, check their armoury and then try to discredit them with any info they find there.

Personally, I consider it an invasion of my privacy and am appalled that Blizzard allows my character info to go out to third party sites. I would like to see it gone and the armoury make private to be shared at the player’s discretion.

(And I am a solo players across the board so, for me, it really is a privacy issue, not about trying to game/fool anyone.)

I forgive you :sunflower: .

I keep hoping if players keep this in the forefront, Blizzard will look at it and do something about it.

3 Likes

But that still doesn’t fix the broken system. Fix the system so there doesn’t have to be separate groups.

Nobody said take the challenge out, don’t strawman this discussion. There can be a way to fix it so everyone wins. There can still be challenge.

2 Likes

Raider IO is viewed as toxic by the players that refuse to start their own groups with their own set IO for joining. what this means is you can ignore these people as they don’t want to get better they want to get carried.

3 Likes

RIO isn’t inherently toxic. Wanting the best people for your group is fine.

The problem comes when people start wanting high IO scores for low keys. No one needs a 2k io for a +3.

3 Likes

Case in point :laughing:

1 Like

This. And the OP said that never happens when I’ve seen countless complaints of that very thing.

thats a pretty pathetic attempt at a joke :roll_eyes:

Not really. Every game has a rating of some kind, blizzard should just make it baseline at this point. Its basically arena rating but pve. Sure there will always be people who stroke their own $@!% and think that theyre gods but its just a measure of experience. It just tells you how much theyve done

again, thats a lie. got into 5s on my war with nothing

im not hiding it and i dont think its toxic, i guarantee most people who have alts and are posting on them havent done a key higher than a 5 yet are complaining about gate keeping

show me a screenshot and ill believe it. 2K io has never been required for 1-14s, i pugged multiple 15s at 1600-1900 io

1 Like

It can be toxic, if used to gatekeep people with ridiculous standards and it’s not accurate on identifying boosters.

If it starts to cause a drop in players quitting and leaving which I doubt it will do, Blizz might ban that add-on and other add-ons being used to gatekeep to keep their player numbers sated.

it is accurate on identifying boosters, its pretty clear unless they spent millions of gold. youd have to buy tons of 10s and 5s which im pretty sure people wont do. I agree people can use it in a toxic way, but like anything people can use it in the worst way possible. I can set a 470 ilvl req for a 10, does that mean ilvl req itself is inherently toxic? no

way more people like it than people who dont, the “i want carries and dont want to improve myself” crowd is pretty small thankfully

That is only if you know how to use it and open their page and check, sadly most people dont do that.

It’s toxic because people who have only completed a +4 this season won’t get invited for their weekly 15, so they think that the only logical explanation for this is the fact that the addon used to build a decent group must be toxic.

5 Likes

I think the # scoring system is part of the “toxicity”, when it was meant to function as just a quick way to generalize a person’s achievements at a glance, without having to go into their actual played history.

For example the # is heavily influenced by doing +10s and +15s of ALL dungeons, but many players either don’t like some dungeons or literally have no reason to do them. Like I have no need or gear from a +15 shrine, so I generally avoid it. But I know if I want a higher IO score, I need that shrine completion despite hating that dungeon.

It makes complete sense to be declined from a +15 shrine if I have never done even a +10. It does not make sense to be declined from a +15 SoB if I already have multiple timed 14s or 15s for SoB, just because my immediate # is lower.

I know some Party Leaders do actually go beyond the number and look at that specific dungeon, but I wouldn’t be surprised if many don’t bother and just use the number alone.

I used to be very anti-IO, but I’ve grown to see its merits. It would be neat if the in-game system let us easily see a player’s M+ history for the specific dungeon we’re in the LFG tool for. So if you selected SoB +15 in the finder, when someone applies, it should show if they’ve ever (across their account maybe) completed the dungeon before.

Yeah I don’t think you know anything except this echo chamber of a forum.

Most players in game think it’s ridiculous. The elitists are no where near 50% the population.

1 Like

Nice theory, too bad it’s a deflection.

Browse the subreddit sometime, you’ll see this often. And if you try telling me you go there often and never see it, you’re lying.

1 Like

i dont go on the subreddit often cause its a cesspool of toxicity

1 Like

It’s not toxic at all. It’s probably because you don’t have a high karma score.

See how that works? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

all my friends in game, everyone i talk to in chat except the occasional " i want carries" person likes it. Everyone who does high keys likes it

i dont have a reddit account so not really, reddit always came off as cringe to me

1 Like

What joke?