Why is Ret getting a rework?

I’m late to the thread, but:

I love watching Retribution Paladins horse when they don’t need to then die with bubble up.

1 Like

ret has been in beta testing this whole time

“WhY Is ReT GeTtInG a ReWOrk”

Oh please get over yourself. Yeah enh is trash, doesn’t mean that ReT isn’t trashier and doesn’t deserve to be fixed. Just be patient for yours.

Ret is balanced around not having mobility so their class is either OP/one shotting everything or the worst class in the game. Holy has the same problem.

Prot Paladin is so bad that they had to banish them to the shadow realm of elo hell.

Not just ret, but every paladin spec should be reworked immediately. Like, only keep final reckoning and blessing of sac, every other cooldown needs to go.

yeh you guys literally can’t read. when did i say its unplayable right now. it was nerfed in wod. and told that they didnt want us to play it

yeh na bro, show me the actual post that says all ret damage reduced by 25% , look whos talking, trying to insult me lol

another warrior that can’t read it was during wod and told by hazzikostas that they didnt want us playing demo as it was getting a rework. no other spec got nerfed that hard from getting reworks.

I’d say survival is the same tier as enhance tbh.

It’s Dragonflight bro, WoD was like 10 years ago.

Demo has been good multiple times since then.

2 Likes

:wheelchair: :wheelchair: :wheelchair:
:wheelchair:
:wheelchair: :wheelchair:

2 Likes

To quote Asmon, “It has nothing to do with the class, but the players.”

if you do the math, it equals to a 30% nerf.
are you stupid? or momentarily suffer a bump to the head?

rets wod heals critts for 15k, while other classes elf sustain critts for around 70k
shut up lmao

and everyone wants to put asmon down untill what he says benefits them

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever said anything negative about Asmon, or his fan base.

This is the only reply you’re getting from me, considering you’ve triple-posted nothing but insults raging all over this thread.

Seek therapy. Or a different hobby. Whichever one gets you away from me the fastest.

raging? ah yes. another overused buzzword used by sensitive dolomites the world over.
much like the word toxic, when someone doesnt share your point of view.

the point is, ret needed a rework. as do a couple other classes.
people are just mad that ret got one first and not them.
but at the end of the day, rets getting better stuff.
haters gonna hate
and dont talk to me on a private account

like i said, pretty sure he doesn’t fundamentally understand how survival functions

Mad cuz bad

I’m going to need more evidence. Asmongold nor any other single player has enough exposure to the Ret community to make sweeping comments like this…

The highest death rate is likely something new, to my knowledge we’ve never heard this expressed regarding Ret in the past. All the Ret players lost IQ after downloading the DF prepatch? No we didn’t.

It could have something to do with losing mobility going into dragon flight, shorter duration on pony for example. Losing a small auto self heal, small shield with WoG cast, the boost to HP pools but Ret WoG not scaled upwards in the same way, the change to damage profiles experienced in endgame content etc.

The prevalence in PvP of specs with counters to ret defensives like SP, Disc, Warriors and any class with a purge. The chances of getting a lobby in solo for example without any spec of priest or warriors is slim, very slim. It’s more likely that bubble/Bop are dispellable in every round of a lobby than it is to have them hold in every round.

In 15 Lobbies I had 1 lobby (6 rounds) where both bubble and BoP couldn’t be removed at all, 5 Lobbies (30 rounds) where I had no BoP/Bubble in every round, and 9 lobbies (54 rounds) where it was mix of one but not the other, or neither. The best defensive in the game doesn’t do you any real good if it’s dispelled in 1-1.5 seconds. In the majority of games bubble is the worst defensive in the game, Ret defensives get full value a small fraction of the time.

No… none of that has anything to do with it. Asmon said so…

Just another streamer/youtuber spewing nonsense, no evidence whatsoever. Just talking to the people in his chat/social media so they can exorcise confirmation bias that Ret players are all idiots… With Xaryu and the usual Ret haters filing right in line.

Just more irrational hate/distain against tens of thousands of human beings that you/they know nothing about, except that they play a particular spec in a video game. Clearly they know… All they have to do is see Ret, guilty your honor! I sentence you to a life of a subpar spec you bunch of idiots. Spec is perfect for you, stop asking for improvements you morons…

I’ll need more than a blanket statement from a guy that doesn’t brush his teeth/hair or get dressed more than once a month. I wouldn’t trust a guy who’s statements (you referenced) demonstrate his terrible bias and irrational distain of other human beings.

Just more hate directed at Ret players.

How long until we realize that many of these streamers have zero credibility? How long does it take to figure out that they lack the character required to give valuable feedback to move toward a more balanced game, more enjoyable game for all of us?

The spec has real issues, why is this so hard to believe? This can’t be true?

2 Likes

I’m sick and tired of playing against people that roll their face on their keyboard and beat me because I have 1 button to press that can’t be instantly countered with an auto attack.

lol 10.0.5 prior to hotfix, yes.

This is the name of my paladin in Wrath, it’s just stuck with me.

are they also including BG? Arenalogs show shaman is #1 and 2 for most likely to die in solo shuffle

winning