Why is pvp gear better than what drops in Mythic + dungeons?

Just wondering.

1 Like

pvp is harder so better rewards.

Fight me.

10 Likes

Isn’t the max ilvl the same for both?

Just one comes from a vendor while the other comes from the weekly great vault.

1 Like

Kinda. M+ has lower item level from drops due to it not having a lockout.

While it has 226 gear from the Vault, Raid and PvP can have up to 233 from both drops/vendor and the Vault, although those are on specific items.

1 Like

PvP has more of a guarantee on what you’re after as you can buy gear.

PvE does give you the best reward for your effort vault-wise though. Both my swords are from +10s and I can’t say that was hard by any means.

Because an main conquest pieces costs more than the weekly conquest cap. Rings and stuff you can buy each week

M+ is farmable

Another thing to note is that M+ is objectively the best source of gearing until you’re around 205-ish, and continues to be great for the Vault Unlocks.

So while it might cap below Heroic it’s absolutely still the fastest way to gear up before jumping into Raid or PvP.

While maybe not the end-game experience some enjoyed from Legion/BFA, but it is a traditional experience where one spams dungeons before transitioning into Raids.

My PvP gear with tons of versatility is good for PvP. When doing Thorgast or other PvE content I get easily rekt, thin paper level. I am always in red while my wife (a frikin cloth mage) is always full health.

So no, it is not just better without qualification.

Cause blizz can’t design shifts in gear/content design without having one aspect go completely off the rails vs what it used to be.

Aka meaning pvp gearing in legion-bfa being garbage, so any adjustment they did in SL made it be apparently way better than pve. Additionally with their 2 fold changes to m+ (less gear, not just SL less gear and ilvl below heroic) being too much of a change to be sensible.

A lot more players can clear mythics and gear, then get a 2200 plus rating in pvp.

Because you are doing a higher equivalent difficulty.
M+ rewards go all the way to 226 as well.

Realistically it is still best upto 210.

Gearing follows a curve or which is easier/ more difficult to acquire in SL.

M+ starts off as the best, once you have some gear but aren’t necessarily “geared” raiding becomes better (higher rewards but less frequent), then as you get really good gear PvP becomes best (better gear makes rating easier to acquire, targetting slots makes spaces in gear easier to fill).

you must master the art of pvp on top of a mountain for 5 years before you can wield the ultimate pve weapon.

I dont even need a PVP weapon, I just want some haste/ vers boots.

*Unless your class is FotM. Then lol.

Let’s just say this is true, which it actually isn’t, but let’s say it is. Well, because to get PvP gear you have to do both PvP and PvE. You can gear up completely via PvE and be viable in both. How’s that for a reason?

Paladin, do me a favor and find me the bis pve gear you can for a demon hunter tank. Go ahead and look at the stat weights and see. There are 47 PVE bosses to kill including the raid, all dungeons and world bosses.

There are 3 pieces of haste/vers leather gear. The remaining 10 pieces of haste verse are behind arenas.

Do you end game pvp?
End game mythic + players blow end game of full conquest pvp gear out of the water.
Know why?
Stat priority for your class > A bunch of versatility and random stats on each gear you don’t need.
Giving you 30% versatility and like 8% haste, 8% crit, 8% mastery.

The only way to fix PvP gear is to let classes CHOOSE WHAT STATS ARE PLACED ON THE GEAR THEY GRIND FOR.

It isn’t harder but w/e

1 Like

i agree. when i was active, it was much easier for me to learn pvp than it was to adapt in m+ (when i was new to it)

pvp is just cheese. turn on any top arena stream for 5 minutes lol :woman_facepalming: