Why is no one talking about work orders being garbage?

That’s fine, trade chat explained it yesterday, and were not as nice about it.

The toxicity is real.

And when I get Tuskarr Renown 29 and can make it, I would probably gladly fill a craft order for 500g because in the end it costs me nothing to craft it when it’s someone else’s mats rather than put it in the AH for 200k after farming all of it…it’s less work to fill an order than it is to farm the mats, make it, and put it up in the ah hoping someone will pay the expensive prices…Besides, everyone will work towards having the renown anyways…if they don’t why play…

One person will take 500g as an insult, another will be grateful, not everyone is greedy.

3 Likes

I check daily on my server and your point is 100% correct.

2 Likes

I haven’t had the opportunity to fill one yet. Either because I don’t know the pattern yet, or others scoop them up before I can.

IMO there needs to be a more effective system for distributing work orders to potential crafters more effectively/fairly rather than simply rewarding whoever happens to be camping the orders.

Like, what if you got a notification every once in awhile when a qualified work order you can fill comes in and you have X amount of time to fill it before it goes to someone else. This might allow for a better distribution of work orders across the economy.

3 Likes

They can’t fix the auction house, so they invent an entire new system that will “totally fix things” what could go wrong…

1 Like

That is only when crafting via the guild craft. Public work orders do not have a rank requirement option.

2 Likes

on stormrage people are listing crafting orders with a 1 silver tip. like, i get that you’re providing the mats. but do you think i levelled the profession for free?

5 Likes

I am still slightly confused by the entire thing. Went on my alt to request something my main can make but the things my main can’t make don’t show up when searching so I guess I can’t place an order for those things?

1 Like

and as another “screw you” to alchemists to add to the pile: the recipe for the ultimate potion of elemental power only drops in Heroic or Mythic VoI

so yeah, the ONE product we have that we can make with crafting orders that has general wide appeal? locked behind heroic raids.

7 Likes

yeah, that part doesn’t make sense at all for this system. However, the requester doesn’t have to provide mats for a personal work order.

1 Like

Today I filled two crafting orders for inscriptions.

1. I did not get credit for it.
  2. I did not get the tip left by the requestor.

Nothing came in the mail, no credit on the quest…

1 Like

Nothing will come in the mail, you get your commission immediately. If this is your first time doing work orders, make sure you hit create, but after it’s created, click the button in the bottom right to ‘complete’ the order. You don’t get paid, and the person who ordered doesn’t get their item(s), until you hit complete.

1 Like

it’s no where to be found…so I was supposed to stand there 30 minutes and wait for it to complete?

No, there is a ‘complete’ button. You hit craft, then you hit complete. The order is not considered completed until you press complete. If you didn’t complete it, and just let it go, I believe it can time out and someone else would be able to complete it instead.

1 Like

ok thanks wish i had known that

Honestly, I think some of the resource costs just makes things impossible to request orders for for a lot of people. Like, I’m a scribe/enchanter demon hunter, If I want to submit a work order for some fancy new Primal Molten Warglaives, I need reagents unique to the blacksmithing profession, not to mention the spark and about 20 more primal chaos than I’ve collected across the entire game so far after having completed all open world content. For one of them. I can dual wield. I literally could not get enough materials to get both at this point in the game.

Nevermind ordering an armor set to go with them.

Even in my own profession, You need items you can only get via disenchanting. Nobody who isn’t already an enchanter can request these work orders, and at that point, why not just make it yourself? Or else, half these things aren’t BOP so you can get them in the auction house anyways, and don’t have to provide the materials.

Chances are, if I’m getting access to a large amount of blacksmithing materials to make myself stuff, I will also just have access to a blacksmith, like, through my guild or whatever, so I don’t need to take the materials from him and request the order from someone else for hundreds/thousands of gold… I’ll just request it from him and get it done for free.

I especially like how you’re ‘limited’ to doing ‘only’ 20 crafting orders/week, In the entire time I’ve played, I haven’t seen 20 unique orders go up across both my professions combined. Most of the requests that were up, were for items that aren’t even in the game yet, strictly speaking, due to the recipes being tied to events that haven’t triggered yet or high renown that only the most impossibly insane grinders could reach by this point.

2 Likes

biggest issue is having the crafting orders gated to only 20 per day. im sorry if ur using ur profession book to make gold and ur only doing 20 crafts a day ur broke. it shouldnt be limited. u come out with an amazing profession system and make professions feel amazing for the first time in all honesty since wrath of the lich king and now you gate it so we cant even utilize them. like i just crafted 5 work oroders and now i have to wait 21 hours for my next ones…its just garbage game design.

As I understand it, with certain profs it’s the only way to skill up, so the requesters figure they’re doing the crafter a favor by giving them the opportunity for a skill up.

It had great potential still does… but it needs more… i need to be able to place and accept or get notifications on work orders… Only being able to do them from the bench or from the Crafting area is terrible… i cant say i want to use the system for anything more then getting my knowledge points… Which is another system driving me insane…

i think it would be fine to have to use the crafting order area to COMPLETE the craft… but its super inconvenient for the avg player or atleast me… i dont like it

I’ve seen 3 engineering orders, all renown locked, since launch. And the BoP engineering helms all require engineering skill to wear, killing the market on those. Plus the wrists require knowledge investment AND are randomly learned while crafting other items. This is the worst engineering has felt since I’ve been playing

i ditch the order system, i rather prefer the old AH system per realm than what we got now.

1 Like