Why is my character transfer taking so long on classic?

I paid for a character transfer for my warlock from Fairbanks to Herod almost 20 hours ago. I haven’t logged on to that character and i’ve done transfers before on retail and the usually go through within an hour. i’m just curious as to what is taking so long

1 Like

I just happened to answer this in another thread recently:

Also, check your transaction history to make sure that it didn’t fail.

1 Like

Looks like this started, and I’m not seeing anything popping out as obviously an issue.

I’d just give this a bit more time. If it hasn’t finished processing by tomorrow, reaching out to Billing might not be a bad idea.

i’ll check again tomorrow, thank you both

1 Like

Im having the same issue, my payment has completed and it has only went down from 1 hour 21 min to 1 hour 20 min on estimated time processing. I think blizzard needs to fix issues on their end. If I would have known this I wouldn’t have gave them 25 dollars to transfer. If it says its going to take an hour it should be relatively close to the time they estimate.

Update, I checked again it dropped from 1 hour 20 min down to 47 min. Looks like its finally moving somewhat now.

So, it does look like some transfers may be having an issue processing. Our techs are currently looking into reports.

2 Likes

I have been trying transfer my warlock to another server but keep getting told that I have active auctions. I have no auctions going atm on any of my characters. My friends who I am moving with have not had this problem at all. Any ideas?

This is the account I am having the problem on sorry that first one was a friends account.

Did you have any auctions up, or made any purchases in auction house over the past few days? There is an issue with AH that is resulting in slow mailing of gold or items purchased that might be causing the problem.

1 Like

I did have some auctions. I sold some wow tokens but got the gold right away. I had a few cloth auctions that got lost like 2 days ago. This is going to be really well not fun if that is the problem. I would rather be on my new server with people I know than wait for that few hundred gold that I wrote off as lost already. Grr I guess I am just complaining at this point. Thanks for pointing that out to me. didn’t even think about it.

My server transfer went as far as in progress yet no charge on my visa. Yesterday it showed as resent purchase on my blizzard account and in progress. Today nothing there. I have no mail or auction issues.

1 Like

I opened a ticket but my Paladin has been stuck for almost a whole day.

My 2 friends are also stuck, is there a transfer issue going right now?

1 Like

Any update on this yet blue?

1 Like

Since an hour ago, fraid not.

Hopefully the give us an update soon, btw awesome name :innocent:

1 Like