Why is lowbie camping still a thing?

how am i projecting? what’s sad is his post trying to psychoanalyze players because they choose to do something ingame, hence why i quoted his post calling it sad

clearly you and that other guy misunderstood, which is strange because i thought it was obvious that his post was idiotic

4 Likes

Not only are you comparing a game to real life but you’re making blanket statements about issues you know nothing about.

EDP’s don’t make a WOW account to take their frustrations out on lowbies. They do other things far more harmful and disruptive to society and themselves than ganking lowbies.

People here are just playing a game, that’s it.

6 Likes

I at no point compared a game to real life. I did however speak to psychological struggles that some people have.

I very clearly stated “some” people

Its incredibly ignorant to make assumptions about someone’s experience / education that you dont know. Also should you make a failed attempt to be clever by stating i did the same please acknowledge i again said “some people” as to where you are being specific about someone’s background you know nothing about.

Your intellectual input is greatly appreciated.

If this were IRL than we would be in agreement, but this World of Warcraft an MMORPG(or whats left of it.) the two are not the same. Ganking lowbies doesn’t equal IRL issues.

3 Likes

Question then. What reason would someone have to go around killing players who are unable to defend themselves? What would someone gain from this activity?

There are many reasons.

1. To draw out their main.
  2. To cause a large wpvp brawl.
  3. For the giggles.
  4. For the salty whispers.
  5. Because they pay $15 to play a game they enjoy.
  6. Boredom.
5 Likes

Let me ask you a question, what makes somebody play with WM on while they are leveling, knowing full well they will probably be killed? Aside from the xp bonus, that is.

3 Likes

because i dont like their name, guild name, their server, their transmog, their race/class combo, or any other thing about them

why would i hold myself back when i get the urge to kill a player in a game? should i instead think to myself “hmm that guy cant defend himself guess ill just leave him alone”

take that attitude to an instance

4 Likes

Possible way to encourage wpvp in the area of their choosing. I had thought of this. #2 is more or less the same.

These are the ones im interested in. Why would a person get joy from causing stress to another player? Even Boredom. Why direct that at another player that can not defend themselves? Can you think of a reason that dosent speak to some level of psychological dysfunction? Im not stating that they have to be a sociopath or psychopath but only that there is some issue with anyone who enjoy’s bringing harm to another.

I would assume they enjoy pvp (at their level) or want a faster leveling experience. Not sure how this is relevant to the topic.

And I’m not sure why you think crying about PvP and warmode on the PvP warmode forum is appropriate.

5 Likes

If someone is being stressed out by being ganked there is and easy one button end to that stress.

Ganking an in game avatar and punching someone in the face IRL are two very different things, one will give you an in game ghost run with no pain and the other may break your noise which would be real pain.

7 Likes

This is where I disagree. Killing NPCs is a great way to get a high level to come fight you when nobody’s coming out to play. Or used to be when World Defense existed.

I don’t condone ganking low level players. Ever.

Unless you’re low level as well. Like if you’re within 5~ levels of eachother, go to town. Try your best.

And if you’re the lower level, the gap doesn’t matter. Fight your heart out.

Giving a lowbie a corpse run is arguably wasting less of their time than killing their questgiver

1 Like

I’ve never really thought of it that way now that you mention it.

I always attributed it to the frustration of being killed and helpless to do anything to defend yourself against their overwhelming level advantage. Not the ‘dang it, corpse run.’ aspect. But that makes sense too. Good point.

1 Like

I got ganked in ghostlands immediately after turning on war mode on a fresh level 20 by a 120 alliance player. The run was like 40 seconds and I thought, damn that’s a minor inconvenience. Better enable spy so I don’t let that happen again.

Obviously if they were hunting me I would have to be a bit more creative to get away, or take a queue or something. But a one and done gank on a lowbie isn’t really anything to cry about

1 Like

I dont disagree with potential outcomes but that is not what i was discussing. My question was what would another person gain from intentionally causing stress to another player? Also stating that they can avoid the stress is also not the topic. It nothing more than what would make a person intentionally try to cause stress to someone else?

People attempt to insult when they have no basis or fact to offer to an argument.
Aside from the fact that you are fabricating information in an attempt to have a point that never existed.
Bring something more intellectual or you will be ignored.

Lol this guy.

4 Likes

Pot, meet kettle: “PeOpLe WhO gAnK lOwBiEs ArE pSyChOlOiGiCaLlY dIsOrDeReD”

6 Likes

Oh please, ganking lowbies has nothing to do with real life period. It’s a game and by opting in you get rewarded BUT you also have to deal with the consequences. That means being occasionally being ganked by higher levels or better geared.

Instead of people whining about it, opt out. It’s easy enough and you won’t have to deal with better geared or higher leveled. You wont’ get the bonus but I’m sure not having to worry about being ganked will more than make up for it.

4 Likes