Why is lowbie camping still a thing?

I understand World PvP, and I encourage it, that’s why I normally play in War Mode. But being max lvl, running around a lowbie town and killing NPCs/low level toons is NOT PvP.

Why is it a thing? Why does Blizzard allow this? It’s not competitive and it doesn’t give anything to the perpetrator except the satisfaction of being a cowardly a**hole.

I think, you should not be able to attack anyone, player or NPC, who is more than 5 levels behind you. That would ensure that world PvP stays relevant while avoiding the troll nature of high level characters just killing lowbies for sport.

3 Likes

Obligatory “turn WM off” post

14 Likes

because wow still somewhat resembles an mmorpg

7 Likes

Player versus player is not restricted by level.

7 Likes

As others have pointed out, if you don’t like this, you can turn war mode off.

That said, I will provide two answers to your question.

First, roleplayers may well have in character reasons to kill the opposite faction in certain places, even if they are no longer level appropriate for them. I have guildies whose home town is Ashenvale, for example, and who are hearthed in Astranaar, and when they have some free time, they will go and clear Ashenvale of Horde.

Second, there’s a faction imbalance, and one way for Alliance to be public spirited and help the game community is to camp Horde lowbies so they can’t level up, thus preventing the faction imbalance from getting worse.

4 Likes

Third, killing lowbies often brings a max level response

Fourth, killing lowbies provides vengeance for being ganked while you yourself were leveling

Fifth, killing lowbies because bored

11 Likes

I agree with you that conceptually War mode was a good addtion to replace the PVP only and PVE only servers to allow friends to play on the same realm but some of the Flaws from the older system are still present like you said Higher LVL players (in my view) Griefing LVLing players who are trying to LVL up there charector’s and there needs to be a System to deter this.

Theres so many people who are not into to PVP that turn on Warmode for severl reasons which are

• the XP boost

• the 10% bonus you get for completeing World Quests (except for the ones for dungeons to my knowledge)

What im buout to say some may find heracy but if Blizzard removed the Perks for having war mode on would get rid of the those complaing being ganked while LVLing cause the only reason they have war mode on is for the XP boost.

As for a Penalty for those who still “grief” (for lack of a better word) those who are still LVLing with war mode on they could always have it where the person Lose’s X amount of Honor or even lose some of there Rating, Both would have limitations like a person may not care for there Honor and just jump on a toon that they dont care bout losesing there rating on and camp lobies on them that way there mains rating wont be affected. I do not see a system that would ever deter people unless it became a baanble or timed out the account offense.

Don’t forget 6: The sweet sweet tears

Oh and 7: cause I can.

Player vs player doesn’t say SLPvSLP (same level player vs same level player)

Every character upon logging in for the first time on bfa has to choose to flag.
You choose to take the risk that someone would come and booger you, so live with it.

There was sympathy back in the day of “im only on a pvp server for friends”, but those days are gone. If you don’t want a player to kill your in game avatar, then stay in carebear mode

7 Likes

I’m in Ashenvale. Killin ur alts.

5 Likes

trash players gank lowbies.

4 Likes

Well then I guess there’s a LOT of trash Horde, seeing that their 120s camp our lowbie areas 24/7.

3 Likes

Lowbie camping is still a thing because you (the player) said “yes, I am willing to take the risk of being camped while leveling, in exchange for an XP bonus”.

If you don’t want it to be a thing, that is 100% at your discretion by simply opting out.

WM isn’t always fair. Sometimes the other guy is higher level, has better gear, or has friends with him. You are either OK with that, or not. Then you click the WM button accordingly. It’s a “problem” that you can solve with the click of a button.

8 Likes

There are some people that feel irrelevant in their actual life. So when someone who is both emotionally undeveloped and insecure have a chance to be in power for once in their life they tend to gravitate to that.
I feel bad for them.

1 Like

I’m in Ashenvale. Campin ur main.

But you just log everytime now. It seems.

3 Likes

My life is full of negatives at the current moment, but I haven’t ganked a single lowbie. I feel that IRL problems and lowbie ganking have nothing in common.

10 Likes

So which one is your main the shadow priest or the rogue?

2 Likes

You could say the same thing about instance dwellers.

Keep working on that gear dude lol that should fill the rest of the holes in your life lol. Boss giving you hell at work cause you live such a horrible life? Go turn down some fresh 120s trying to get gear. Thatll make you feel better lol.

No honestly if your getting ganked this losers pov is perfect. Im happy ganking you you are happy projecting false narratives about me in order to feel good about getting ganked. Both seem happy to me lol

2 Likes

this is really sad lol

1 Like

there is a huge difference between having negativity in ones life (we all do) and coping with it in a negative fashion. Im also not suggesting that this is the entire reason or every person’s reason for ganking lobies.
However to pretend that there is nothing psychologically wrong with someone who feels a need to bring stress or harm to people that cant defend themselves is flawed.

in this context no. People in a instance are not bringing stress intentionally to others. Could they be playing the game as a coping mechanism? sure. However the two are different.

you state “loser Pov” yet have given no argument on how i am wrong.

First. You have not ganked me as i have not been playing alts in a long time. Should someone gank an alt in the future i would not come to the forums about it
Second. My nerative is not false even though it may not fit every specific ganker. Lots of issue out there.
Please reflect on your personal issues as to why you would need to be so defensive about someone making an observation that was not addressed to you specifically.

I agree. Unfortunately these people exist.

1 Like

I have a pretty sweet life, actually.

I have a great job, my family is awesome, and I have fun outside of WoW. I walk my dog, I hike, hang with my best friend. (While wearing masks and maintaining distance of course)

I was definitely playing a lot more when the pandemic first hit, as I was basically being paid to stay home and play WoW for 3 months. I’m in NYC and it was very scary for awhile.

Ganking lowbies who CHOOSE to play with WM on does not necessarily mean that player has any IRL issues, so just stop with all the projecting.

Also Ashenvale belongs to Night Elves. So get out.

6 Likes