Why is leveling random dungeon queue and bg so slow?

Is it based on equipment / gear score etc?
I have XP turned off, does that matter? (Originally XP off characters had different battlegrounds because of twinks, is this still the same or has blizzard changed it?
I have noticed a mixture of low levels and high levels, so why is dungeon queue so slow? Shouldn’t it be quicker with mixed realms and now mixed character levels…?
What am i missing?

edit: turned my XP on and got a message all players in group need same xp setting in bg’s
dungeons seem to mix and match xp settings though /sigh
bg wait time still slow even with xp on though…

For dungeon queuing, what role you’ve selected will have the most impact on your times. (With dps typically having longer waits.) I haven’t done dungeon leveling in forever, but I’d imagine that some expansions are more popular than others. If you’re using Chromie Time, try swapping the timeline around to see if you get better results with different expansions.

For the BGs, unfortunately, with leveling being as fast as it is these days, there just aren’t that many people queuing. I know once upon a time there were some organized groups that set up times for XP off battlegrounds, but I don’t know if that’s still a thing. You might want to do some searches in the Battlegrounds forum to see if there’s anything going on.

Well i had no idea about Chromie Time, im kinda sick of running bfa dungeons, so i will look into Chromie Time.
As for BG’s, i guess i have no choice but to learn at 70 … Blizz needs to fix this how are new players expected to be helpful let alone competitive in pvp…WoW

Thanks.