Why is leeway a game killer

And Spell Batching isn’t making it stay up constantly? It looks that way from the dueling tourney’s I’ve seen.

Can it be excluded from batching?

Even if the person is rooted in place (frost nova’d, etc) the leeway still works if the person holds down a movement button… ridiculous.

2 Likes

Both players moving? Leeway.
One player not moving? No leeway

So say a hunter traps u, gets that same distance and aimshot/concs you, you arnt getting hamstring off. But if their was never a pause and you both keep running with the same momentum then yea you will get the hamstring off. Its super dumb nowadays but people wanted “authenticity” here you have it

That is true and is retarded so i guess we all have to build in muscle memory to not do that

Just wait, leeway will be changed/altered after Blizzard hears the cries of my Orc Rogues victims on my server.

I will once again gain fame for being the best murderer, and the Alliance shall know my name and tremble in fear at my sight. When they see my name on their screens… Their hands will shake! Their hands will produce tremors they never knew that they had! They will fumble on their keystrokes! The way they breathe becomes irregular! They shall always live in caution and travel in packs when venturing out, knowing that I am out there somewhere and that I am willing to stalk my prey for hours on end as I calculate my strategy to 1vX and I will strike at the very best opportune moment.

1 Like

Can down bro don’t get your blood pressure up lol… All I’m saying is I hope see each other on the battlefield so I can show you true power, leeway and all

For those who say leeway is good for hunters. Copy and DOOMpasta from hunter bug list.

Minimum Auto shot range is being calculated as 11 yards, instead of 8 yards. If you compare melee, it is 0-5 yards from center of a normal target with 1.5 yd combat reach (non-tauren player for ex) however, auto range appears to be calculated as 1.5+1.5+8, instead of 1.5+1.5+5 to give you a minimum range of 8 yards from center. Nova with 10 yd range for example, did not hit a hunter in the clip. Unless I’m mistaken, should be able to be hit by nova at min auto range.

Other Examples.

Rogue hitting hunter without triggering trap because of leeway.

FD bug.

All hunter CC, Rocket Helm and Sleep DR with each other.

Added other examples of bugs.

I trust your opinion over any streamer; and thanks for posting this because it makes me feel a lot better.

So it’s identical to BFA… (Classic)

Just curious now if that has changed at all since Vanilla…

Man, you gotta work really hard to exaggerate like this.

There was literally 4 years real time between the launch of Vanilla and the end of TBC, and someone you managed to get FIVE YEARS /PLAYED

2 Likes

Yet, it was added in Vanilla and remains in the game to this day.

I honestly don’t think they added leeway. They just didn’t actively change it.

Leeway is still in the game. If they were going to remove it because in modern play it’s not needed, why is it still in the game?

That’s the point… that’s how much I played. Glad someone caught it. I lived WoW.

Prove it. More likely, your 150ms meant you couldn’t tell.

haha, fair enough!

Pulls out time traveling device to go back in time.
Beep boop beep.
Wooooaaahhh! I didn’t know the world looked this good back then.
Oh yeah… the mission… Drives to Blizzard Database Center Ok, now lemme pull out my PCs and laptops. Ahh yes, wait a second why are the plugs not fitting in the sockets? ACK! My pants have more packets in this era! ACK! none of this world is making any sense compared to how… things… used… to be. ACK! if only I remembered to bring the formulas and algorithms. How, could, this, be, vanilla wow I ACK! love you - A Loud Sound plays Doon Blue Screen of death.

Lol, But for reals, I had friends… pretty simple. Some friends lived just miles away from the datacenters ( <20ms). Made things easy to test.

1 Like

So you actively asked if they had an advantage and they snickered and said “No of course not!”

No, of course lower ms has an advantage. Look up at around post 84.

To be clear, Blizzard isn’t going to sit there and constantly ping every player to find out their return trip just to implement leeway for you. And you can’t trust a client not to lie (or be intercepted).

Of course not… they just need the algorithm my friend. It’s all automatic from there on out.

An algorithm that changes based on latency. But who determines the latency value?